Boiler Service Only £60
Call – 01245 830075
TM Hughes & Son is a family run heating company. We have serviced thousands of Boilers all over Essex for the past thirty years. We have many satisfied customers who use us to service their boilers annually.
- All types of Boiler (combi, system and regular)
- All fuel types Gas, Electric, LPG and Oil
- All makes of Boiler
Makes of Boiler include Alpha, Ariston, Baxi, Ferolli, Keston, Potterton, Saunier Duval, Vaillant, Glow-Worm, Grundfos, Heatline, Ideal, Viessman, Vokera and Worcester Bosch (we are a Worcester Bosch accredited company)
- We periodically review our boiler servicing price (which is a fixed price with no hidden extras) to make sure it’s amongst the best in Essex
- Gas safe registered engineers undertake a reliable service
- We can also service your hot water cylinder
Boiler Service Benefits
- Stringent procedures are followed for each kind of Boiler, as per the manufacturers’ instructions
- Our engineers are quiet and tidy there will be little disruption to you and your family while the service is undertaken
- Servicing allows your Boiler and heating system to run at the best possible efficiency
- A serviced efficient boiler lowers energy bills (this will depend on your boiler make, type, condition and fuel type)
- A serviced boiler is less likely to breakdown (experience tells us boiler breakdowns mainly occur on unserviced boilers)
- Servicing points out minor faults and defects that could lead to larger problems later on
- The condensate pipes checked to ensure it’s not vulnerable to freezing (we may make suggestions on insulation)
- Minor repairs can be carried out during the service if necessary (we’ll discuss any repairs and cost before starting repairs)
- Servicing ensures your Boiler or flue is not a carbon monoxide risk. Boilers are thoroughly inspected for signs of carbon monoxide
- Home breakdown cover usually requires your boilers been serviced in the last 12 months
- A service records issued which you can use to prove your boilers been serviced in the last 12 months if you suffer a breakdown
- We’ll write to you a couple of months before a boiler service is due again
The Boiler Service Procedure
The boilers casing is removed and inspected for leaks and signs of corrosion. Leaks and corrosion are a sign of a defunct valve or worn seal, which we’ll investigate further. We may be able to repair minor case damage; otherwise, we may recommend a new case. The casing is cleaned inside and outside.
All seals and pipework a checked for tightness and leaks. Loose connections are tightened, and worn seals are replaced. Next, we check the water flow and pressure, which is adjusted if required. If we discover any blockages, we’ll locate and remove them. Blockages will cause boilers to continuously switch off.
All inside components are cleaned. Cleaning allows the Boiler to run efficiently and ensures accurate testing of the gas burner and safety devices.
The gas burner pressure’s checked if it’s running too high or low it’s adjusted to the correct pressure. Next, we use a gas meter to run a gas rate check. This shows that your Boiler’s burning the correct amount of gas. All safety devices are checked to ensure they’ll stop the Boiler and prevent damage in case of a fault.
A flue gas analysers placed inside the flue. This device checks rates of carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide and oxygen. This test shows that your boilers safe to run and isn’t posing a carbon monoxide risk. We check the flue function making sure it’s expelling all noxious gasses while retaining heat.
The ventilations checked to ensure your boilers got the required ten meters of cubic air for every cubic meter of gas burned. The Boiler and pipework are checked to make sure there’s no leaking gas.
The case is refitted, the boilers switched on and checked to make sure it’s running properly. We’ll also check your radiators are getting hot and bleed them if necessary. Recommendations may be made if your systems severely clogged (in which case we’ll recommend a power flush) or there’s an issue with any central heating components. (we can make any minor adjustments there and then)
After the service, the work areas cleaned, and service records are written. Make sure to keep hold of the service record in case you need it anytime in the future. Feel free to ask our engineer any questions you may have on plumbing or heating. Our engineers are always happy to help.
If you would like to book a Boiler Service, please get in touch by using the phone numbers or contact form below