Gas Cooker Fitting & Disconnection
Call – 01245 830075
Gas Cookers are a popular choice in the Essex kitchen Gas is a cheaper fuel than Electricity with the added advantages of instant heat, accurate heat control and even heat distribution. Gas Cookers can also be used in the event of a power cut and is a cleaner fuel than Electricity, so it is more environmentally friendly.
Gas safety is paramount to the homeowner and landlord. Every Gas appliance needs to be installed or disconnected by a Gas Safe registered engineer. Engineers provide the required Gas Safe certification which is often necessary to validate household/landlord insurance.
Our fully certified Gas Engineers offer a full Gas Cooker Installation Service and can fit and disconnect the following Gas Cookers.
- Gas Cookers
- LPG Gas Cookers
- Gas Range Cookers
- Built-In Gas Ovens
- Dual Fuel Cookers
- Gas Hobs
- Built-In Gas Hobs
We will thoroughly analyse your kitchen space and ensure it’s safe to fit a Gas Cooker in your required location and is clear of any power points, switches, smoke alarms and combustible materials.
Your old Cooker will be disconnected and removed so your new Cooker can be installed.
Once the Cooker has been installed, we’ll ensure the gas supply pipe fittings are 100% safe and make sure your new Cooker is working properly. Finally, we will issue you with the required record.
The area around the Cooker’s checked to ensure the space is safe. Gas cookers need a certain amount of clearance and the cooker switch must be nearby in a reachable place but away from the cooker heat.
By law, Hobs must not have any combustible materials in or around them. This is known as the ‘hot zone’ there should be no combustible materials in the hot zone. For example, kitchen units are combustible as are electrical sockets, shelves, wallpaper, other appliances (such as a boiler/water heater trunking, electric cable. anything flammable)
Hobs should have clearances of 750mm above and 50mm each side. Please check there’s enough clearance in the hot zone before booking as if there’s not enough clearance we won’t be able to carry out the installation. Please also ensure your new Cooker fits in the space.
Each new cooker installation will need to be within 1.5 meters of a suitable gas connection. Our engineers can install a gas connection if necessary.
- The gas supply is switched off
- Your old cookers disconnected from the gas supply
- Existing connections are checked to ensure they are safe and meet the legal requirements. In the event connections are unsafe, we can usually fit new connections there and then or arrange another time
- Your new Cooker will be unpacked lifted into place and connected to the gas supply
- The gas supply is switched back on
- Connections are tested to ensure they’re tight, and no gas leaks are present
- The cookers switched on. We’ll check everything works as it should as per the manufacturer’s instructions
- A Gas Appliance Installation certificate is written and issued
If you would like to discuss your Gas Cooker requirements or would like to book a heating engineer, please contact us using the phone numbers or contact form below