What is carbon monoxide (CO)?
Carbon monoxide is a colourless, odourless, tasteless, and poisonous gas produced by incomplete burning of carbon-based fuels; including gas, oil, wood and coal.
Carbon-based fuels are safe to use; it is only when the fuel does not burn properly that excess CO is produced, which is poisonous. When CO enters the body, it prevents the blood from carrying oxygen to cells, tissues, and organs. <
There have recently been many tragic stories in the press relating to CO incidents. Make sure you’re protected against this potentially lethal and common problem.
How can we help?
T M Hughes and Son Gas Services Ltd can test for any leaks in any rooms. We can also supply carbon monoxide detectors for domestic and commercial properties.
As you cannot see, smell, or taste the gas, these detectors will ensure you’re made aware of any leaks before they take affect on your body.
We offer an emergency call out service and can visit your property 24/7 to repair any leaks.
You may be at risk if:
- Your boiler is not being regularly serviced
- Yellow or orange rather than blue flames in gas appliances
- Soot or yellow/brown staining around or on appliances
- Pilot lights that frequently go out
- Increased condensation inside windows
What To Do In A Carbon Monoxide Emergency
If your Carbon Monoxide alarm starts beeping DO NOT ignore the alarm.
If you or any members of your family experience Confusion, Dizzyness, Headache, Nausea or Vomiting phone the emergency services and tell them you have the symptoms of Carbon Monoxide poisoning.
Go outside along with anyone else in your home, and don’t re-enter until the Emergency Services have seen to you and your family and given your property the all clear.
If your carbon monoxide alarm is beeping and no one is showing signs of poisoning
Open all windows and doors in your home. Turn off all gas appliances. Shut off the gas supply. Contact Us and leave gas appliances off and property ventilated (leave windows and door open) until we have checked your gas supply and appliances.
If you would like us to deal with an emergency, please call us immediately on 0845 680 3685 (calls charged at local rate)
If you have any concerns about Carbon Monoxide, please contact us using the phone numbers or contact form below
Hi, I’m Terry the founder and owner of TM Hughes & Son Gas Services
Please get in touch using the Phone Numbers or Contact Form below