Everyone’s busy, and quite often important household chores are neglected, one of which is Toilet cleaning.
Toilet cleaning should be undertaken at least once a week and preferably twice a week here’s why
- Toilets accumulate germs and bacteria at a rapid rate
- Dirty Toilets smell unpleasant for you and your family and embarrassing if you have visitors
- Flushing Toilets spread germs and bacteria around the bathroom more cleaning means fewer germs and bacteria get spread
- Young children are notorious for putting their hands over things (which includes Toilets) then putting their fingers in their mouths. Germs from Toilets can make them (than you) ill
- Cleaning identifies faults such as cracks or leaks
- Clean porcelain looks and smells nice
Cleaning your Toilet correctly inside and out will ensure it’ll remain germ-free and last a long time. Toilets are prime areas for germs and bacteria to flourish, which are easily eliminated with Toilet cleaners. Regular cleaning keeps the porcelain bright and sparkling, making it more pleasant to use.
First of all, make sure you’ve dressed appropriately in old clothes or your regular cleaning gear, your latest designer shirt’s not the best thing to wear when cleaning your Toilet.
Make sure all bathroom items such as toilet paper, toothbrushes, bottles etc. are well away from the Toilet you don’t want to contaminate these items with germs while cleaning.
Open the seat and lid and apply Toilet bowl cleaner around the rim close the seat and leave while you clean the Toilet exterior.
Spray the exterior of the Toilet with bathroom, or specialised toilet spray let this soak in for a minute or two then wipe down with a damp cloth. Do this to the tank, handle, top of the Toilet seat etc. once the exterior’s clean wipe down again with a dry cloth.
Next, it’s the Toilet seat spray with cleaner on the inside of the lid, the top of the seat and underneath the seat. Leave the cleaner for a minute or two then wipe down with a damp cloth. Next dry with a dry cloth. While the seat’s up clean the top of the bowl.
Finally, scrub the inside of the bowl with a Toilet brush. The cleaner has been left to do its magic, and a quick scrub will get the bowl sparkling, make sure you scrub the whole bowl from top to bottom.
The above procedure is simple and only takes a few minutes regularly fit it into your cleaning schedule, and your Toilet will give you years of service.