Call – 01279 510175
Powerflushing In Harlow
Over time central heating systems create rust, debris and limescale, which breaks down into a mud type substance that settles in pipes and radiators.
This substance is known in the heating industry as ‘Sludge’.
Sludge prevents central heating systems from running efficiently and at total capacity.
Boilers, pumps and radiators have to work harder to keep up with the household heating demand, consuming more fuel, creating higher energy bills.
Powerflushing is the cure for sludge built up in your pipes and radiators. The process involves pumping water and chemicals through your central heating system until it’s fully cleared.
Powerflushing offers many benefits, which include
- Removal of all sludge and unwanted debris
- Fast heating radiators
- Improved energy efficiency
- Lower energy bills
- Clean treated water in your system
- Quieter running central heating system
- Validates new Boiler warranties
- Reduces the chances of Boiler failure
Powerflushing By Experienced Gas Safe Registered Engineers
TM Hughes & Son Gas Services Ltd comprises a team of highly experienced Gas Safe registered engineers who have undertaken many Powerflushes in and around Harlow over the years.
Our engineers will cleanse your system quickly and efficiently in a tidy non-disruptive manner.
What Is Powerflushing? How It Works And Other Related FAQ’s
What Is Powerflushing?
Powerflushing is the process of pumping chemicals around a central heating system until it is cleansed of all limescale, sludge and debris.
What’s Needed For Powerflushing?
A Powerflush Machine, chemicals and an experienced engineer who understands the procedure and central heating systems.
We have highly experienced engineers and use the industry-standard Kamco machine and chemicals.
How Are The Machine & Chemicals Used?
The Machine’s attached to your system via the head or pump (depending on the type of system you have). The chemicals are mixed with water and pumped through your system with the Machine.
The chemicals loosen all sludge and debris, which is broken down and removed by the machine.
Does The Powerflushing Pressure Cause Damage?
No, the pressure is regulated, high enough to remove all sludge and debris but sufficient for pipes and valves to cope with.
How Long does Powerlfushing Take?
Generally, a few hours can be shorter or longer, depending on the size and condition of your central heating system.
Does Powerflushing Produce Waste?
Yes, dirty wastewater is the result of Powerlfushing. This wastewater is collected and taken away by our engineers.
Is Powerflushing Expensive?
Not when you use TM Hughes & Son, We price up all Powerflushing jobs individually to the system, condition and the size of the property. We also monitor other local prices to ensure ours are amongst the best in Harlow.
The Power Flushing Procedure
- Our engineer arrives at the agreed time and connects a Kamco Powerflushing machine to your central heating system.
- The Machine pumps chemical treated water through your central heating system over a few hours.
- Gradually the sludge and debris are dislodged from the inside of the pipes and radiators and dissolved into small particles.
- The particles are filtered out and removed by the Machine.
- The process is repeated until your system is entirely cleared of all sludge and debris.
- If we discover any significant blockages the water and chemicals can not remove, our engineer will remove them manually.
- Wastewater is collected throughout the process and stored in bottles.
- Once the systems cleared, clean water’s added along with a corrosion inhibitor.
- The central heating system’s switched on. Radiators are bled. You’ll notice the fast heating and total heat output of radiators.
- The engineer tidies up and takes all wastewater away.
When To Powerflush
Every Five Years: Powerflushing every five years is the best way to keep your central heating system clean.
New Boiler Installation: Powerflushing should be undertaken before a new Boiler’s installed to ensure your systems are clean and your new Boiler warranty is validated.
Radiators Cold At Bottom: If your radiators have a sludge build-up, they will be cold at the bottom.
Radiators Cold At Bottom & Middle: Radiators cold at the middle and bottom suffer an even more severe sludge build-up.
Radiators Fully Cold: If your radiator won’t heat at all, bleed them and check the valves are not stuck. If they are still cold, then a very severe sludge build-up could be the cause.
Radiators Heat Slow: If your radiators take a long time to heat up, they may be inhibited by sludge and debris.
Dirty Water – Brown and Black water indicate excessive sludge and debris within your central heating system.
Pinhole Leaks: Pinhole leaks in radiators are caused by corrosion. You likely have corrosive water and debris, which will cause further damage if not removed.
Boiler Trouble: Some boiler issues are caused by limescale blockages and poor water flow due to sludge.
If you would like to discuss your Power Flushing requirements, get a free quote or want to book a heating engineer, please contact us using the phone numbers or contact form below.
Hi, I’m Terry the founder and owner of TM Hughes & Son Gas Services
Please get in touch using the Phone Numbers or Contact Form below