Gas Cooker Fitting & Disconnection Harlow
(and surrounding areas)
Call – 01279 510175
Welcome to TM Hughes & Son Gas Services Ltd. We are Gas Safe registered, fully insured engineers.
Our services include the installation of new Gas Cookers, Ovens and Hobs. We have many years of experience in this field.
We fit all types of gas cookers which include
- Gas Cookers
- LPG Gas Cookers
- Gas Range Cookers
- Built-In Gas Ovens
- Dual Fuel Cookers
- Gas Hobs
- Built-In Gas Hobs
Despite modern advances in Electric ovens and hob technology, gas is still prevalent in old-school and modern kitchens.
Gas cooking is more accurate with the best heat distribution (the reason chefs use it), and it’s a green environmentally fuel with a low carbon footprint.
An experienced engineer should fit all gas cookers. It’s the only way to guarantee a safe connection.
Cooker warranties are also only valid as long as a certified gas safe engineer has installed the cookers.
An engineer will also ensure the hot zone is safe and free from obstructions.
What’s a hot zone? You may be wondering. The hot zone is the space above the cooker that must be clear of all combustible materials.
One of our engineers will make sure all’s ok ensuring there’s no shelves, wall units, plug sockets or combustible materials such as wallpaper in the way.
If the hot zone’s cluttered, our engineer will advise what needs changing to make the area safe.
The Installation Procedure
A typical installation procedure goes as follows
- Our engineer will turn up at the pre-agreed time.
- Our engineer will present his Gas Safe ID.
- Our engineer inspects the cooker areas to ensure it’s safe.
- Your gas supply is switched off.
- Your old cooker is disconnected from the gas supply and removed
- The gas connection is inspected to make sure it’ll work safely with the new cooker.
- The new cooker’s connected to the gas line
- The gas supply is switched on.
- The cooker connection is tested for gas leaks.
- The cooker is switched on and tested as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- A gas appliance installation certificate’s written (keep for your records)
Please use the phone number or contact form below to book a gas cooker installation/disconnection