Boiler Installation Wickford
Call – 01268 351075
- Up to 12 Year Guarantee on Boiler installations
- Free No-Obligation Quotes
- Boilers installed within 48 hours
- Experienced Gas Safe Registered Engineers
- 0% Boiler Finance Available
We Are Accredited Boiler Installers For
0% Boiler Finance Available, Buy Now Pay Later Click Here For More Information
Free Boiler Installation Surveys & Quotes
Welcome To TM Hughes & Son Gas Services Ltd. We install new Boilers in Wickford.
Our Gas Safe Registered engineers have installed many Boilers throughout the area over the past three decades.
We offer guarantees of up to 12 years on New Boilers.
If you’re in the market for a new Boiler, we would like to offer you a free no-obligation survey and quote.
One of our engineers who fit Boilers daily will undertake the survey, not by a commission-based salesman who doesn’t install Boilers.
During the survey, the engineer will
- Inspect your current Boiler and heating system
- Establish your heating and hot water requirements
- Go through the available Boiler options depending on your requirements
- Answer all your questions
- Establish the best make, type and size of Boiler for your heating and hot water requirements
- Write you a free no-obligation quote
The survey is swift. Our engineers are friendly, polite and professional. You won’t be subjected to any laborious sales pitches.
Boiler Replacements & Upgrades
Boiler replacements and upgrades are the most common installations we undertake in Wickford.
Your old Boiler is removed, and a new Boiler of the same type is installed and will work with your current central heating set-up.
Since your last Boiler was installed, your heating and hot water usage may have changed.
If you require more heating and hot water capacity, we can upgrade your Boiler. For example, install a larger Boiler or add a hot water storage cylinder if you currently have a ‘combination Boiler’.
Alternatively, you may now use less hot water and no longer need a hot water storage cylinder, or maybe you have a clunky traditional system with water tanks.
If so, we can install a modern combination Boiler and remove the cylinder and water tanks, freeing up a lot of space in your home.
Central Heating System Upgrades
We can also upgrade your central heating system with digital controls and thermostatic valves, ranging from manual to smart.
Upgraded digital controls and thermostats will make your system easier to set and use. With smart controls, you can operate your central heating system via an app on your smart device.
Upgraded Thermostatic valves fitted to your radiators allow you to set the temperature of each room. These are available in manual, adjusting the temperature at a twist or smart, controlled from an app.
Selecting The Right Boiler
During the survey, our engineer will determine the best Boiler for your home by taking into consideration
- The size of your home & number of radiators
- The number of people living in your home
- The number of bathrooms in your home
- Your hot water usage
- Your heating usage
- Your current Boiler and central heating system
- The available fuel at your property
These factors will establish the best type and size of Boilers for your property.
The right Boiler must be purchased. Once installed, you will rely on it for 10+ years to provide your heating and hot water.
Buying the wrong size Boiler can lead to wasted energy and money or insufficient capacity to fulfil your needs.
We’ll ensure the right Boiler is selected and fitted for you.
Efficient Condensing Boilers
All Boilers fitted are condensing style Boilers which are between 90-99% efficient, which means only between 10-1% of the fuel is wasted in the combustion process.
The Boilers are built to capture escaping gasses and reuse them to heat water.
Old Boilers have been found to waste up to 45% of fuel. Upgrading to a new Boiler can save you money on your energy bills and reduce your carbon footprint.
The Boiler Types
Most of the condensing Boilers we fit are Combination or System Boilers. We also sometimes fit Regular Boilers.
Combination Boilers are a single unit that doesn’t utilise external tanks, pumps, or cylinders. The combination Boiler is the most commonly fitted, accounting for over 50% of installations.
Advantages Of Combination Boiler
- Everything is built into the Boiler
- No external tanks or cylinders required saving space
- Quicker and cheaper installation than system or regular Boilers
- Simple to maintain and easy to work on
- Heats water instantly
- Work best for small to medium-sized homes
Disadvantages Of A Combination Boiler
- Hot water runs at your main household pressure, with no option to increase pressure.
- Pressure may decline if the hot tap and shower run simultaneously
- No backup hot water supply in the event of Boiler failure
System Boilers work in conjunction with a pressurised hot water storage cylinder.
Advantages Of A System Boiler
- Includes a pressurised cylinder that ensures hot water’s always available.
- Can supply multiple Bathrooms and hot taps at the same time
- Doesn’t require a feed and expansion tank
- Back-up immersion heater on the cylinder provides hot water back up in the event of Boiler failure
- Work best for medium to large-sized homes
Disadvantages Of A System Boiler
- Space is required for the cylinder
- Water is not heated instantly, so you need to set your controls to ensure you have hot water available at the right time
- More expensive to fit than combi boilers
Regular Boilers are fitted to traditional systems, which use a vented cylinder and feed tanks.
Advantages Of A Regular Boiler
- Will work in homes with low mains pressure
- Hot water is maintained even if someone else is running water in the home
- Work with old central heating systems
- An immersion heater can be fitted to the cylinder to provide backup hot water in the event of a Boiler breakdown
- Suitable for providing multiple bathrooms at the same time
- Best for use in large homes or homes with old central heating systems
Disadvantages Of A Regular Boiler
- Space is needed for water tanks and cylinder
- Not as efficient as modern combination or system boilers
- Water takes time to heat
- Hot water can run out and will require time to reheat
- A Regular Boiler central heating system requires more external parts than a combination or system Boilers
All Combination, System and Regular Boilers are available in different sizes.
An adequately sized Boiler will be fitted to cope with the number of bathrooms and radiators in your home.
Domestic Boilers are available in the following sizes
- 24-27 kW for homes with up to 10 radiators
- 28-32 kW for homes with up to 15 radiators
- 35-42 kW for homes with over 15 radiators
Makes Of Boilers We Fit
We install most makes of Boilers and are accredited installers for Worcester Bosch, Glow Worm, Baxi, Potterton, Vaillant and Ideal.
Installing Your Boiler
Once we have established the best Boiler for your home, we will write you a free no-obligation quote.
If you’re happy with the quote and want to proceed, we can arrange a convenient date to install your Boiler.
The Boiler and all the necessary parts will be ordered, so they are on hand on the installation day.
All installations are planned and done following time tested procedures which ensure a swift, thorough and tidy fitting.
Once your Boiler’s fitted, the engineer will thoroughly test it and make any necessary adjustments to your central heating system and controls so you get the very most out of your new Boiler.
Hi, I’m Terry the founder and owner of TM Hughes & Son Gas Services
Please get in touch using the Phone Numbers or Contact Form Below for a free no-obligation quote