Welcome To TM Hughes & Son. We Design & Install Bathrooms in Wickford.
We offer whole and part installations and refurbishments, designing and building you a brand new Bathroom from scratch or upgrading parts of your existing Bathroom to create a new look and feel.
We have a dedicated Bathroom designer and fitter on our team and other tradesmen such as Plumbers. Gas safe registered heating engineers, tilers and electricians.
Every skill that’s needed to build high quality and functional bathrooms.
Bathrooms are built to all budgets and situations. So, for example, if you’re a landlord needing a bathroom for your rented property, we can build an up to the job bathroom out of standard materials.
Alternatively, you might want a mid-range bathroom that looks the part and will give you many years of service.
Otherwise, you may want a designer bathroom built of the finest materials.
Whatever your situation and budget, we will design and build the best Bathroom for you.
All Bathroom installations are designed and planned meticulously, so they are fitted in good time and cause you little disruption.
Free No-Obligation Bathroom Surveys
Bathroom designs and installations involve multiple components and materials.
The first step is to meet with our bathroom designer, who will visit your property at your chosen time and date.
Our Bathroom designer will learn how you want your Bathroom to look and the features you require.
Bathroom Design Styles
You’re free to let us know the exact materials you want, or our bathroom designer can help you pick the materials, fixtures and fittings.
By picking your materials, you create your unique look. Alternatively, you can show us a design you have seen and liked the look of and want to replicate or use a pre-existing design and colour scheme to create a specific look and style.
Some bathroom designs include
- Beach House
- Shabby Chic
- And more
Bathroom designs and styles are created by selecting floor and wall materials of varying colours and textures, adding certain shaped suites types of baths, basins, toilets and taps. Lighting, heating and storage are also taken into consideration.
Bathroom Flooring is hard-wearing, waterproof and easy to clean.
Materials also have a degree of ‘non-slippiness’ when wet, although some are better than others.
We should pay special attention to the non-slippiness of flooring materials if older persons or children use the Bathroom.
- Tiles: Tiles are hard-wearing, easy to clean, and arguably look better than any bathroom flooring material. Porcelain tiles are mainly used for floors as they are harder to crack than standard ceramic.
- Vynil: Vynil is another popular flooring material, a more cost-effective alternative to tiles with the same excellent waterproof abilities. It can be fitted as tiles or on a roll.
- Concrete: Treated concrete is an excellent flooring material that works very well in modern style bathrooms. Requires some maintenance in the form of re-treating every couple of years to remain water-resistant.
- Rubber: Rubber is soft and grippy, an excellent material for bathrooms used by those more prone to slipping. Unlike tiles and vinyl, colour availability is limited.
Like flooring, Bathroom walls are waterproof around the bath and shower areas. In addition, parts of the walls not exposed can be covered in water and moisture resistant materials.
- Tiles: Tiles feature in most bathrooms they last for a long time and resist water. The grout may need redoing every few years. Many designs, textures and colours are available in various shapes.
- Wall Panels: Panels are quicker to install than tiles and are available in a range of designs to suit most styles of bathrooms. Panels are available in three different grades Acrylic, PVC and Laminate.
- Wood Paneling: Treated wood is a must for some bathroom designs, such as country or beach house styles. Wood is, however, not suitable inside the bath area or shower enclosures.
- Paint: Areas of your wall that are not covered in tiles, panels or wood are coated in Bathroom paint resistant to water and moisture. Hundreds of colours are available, usually in a silk finish that is easy to wipe clean.
Bathroom Suites include the bath, basin and toilet. In addition, some basins and toilets are built into units to provide storage.
Baths, basins and toilets are available in various sizes to fit into any space. All are available in different types.
Suites can be classic with rounded edges or modern with sharper edges.
Baths are available in lengths ranging from 1500-1800mm most are made from acrylic or steel, although some other materials are on offer, such as stone and copper.
Bath types include
- Corner: Shaped to fit into a corner
- Freestanding: No panel and feet. Pipework is hidden
- Shower Baths: Include a wider square section for a shower
- Standard: The standard bath with a panel
- Walk-In: Include a door ideal for older and disabled people
Most basins are made from ceramic, although like baths, some more obscure materials can be sourced for designer bathrooms.
- Corner: Shaped to fit into a corner
- Counter: Top: Sits on top of a counter
- Inset: Fitted in the counter
- Pedestal: Sits on a pedestal
- Stand Mounted: Sits on a stand can include storage underneath
- Under The Counter: The counter is cut the basin is mounted on the underside
- Wall Mounted: Fixed to the wall with nothing supporting it beneath
All Toilets fitted include water-saving flushes.
- Back To The Wall: The cistern is hidden in the wall
- Close-Coupled: The cistern is fitted to the toilet
- Corner: Fits into a corner cistern is usually close-coupled
- Comfort Height: Taller Toilets for taller people
- High Cistern: The cistern is fitted above the toilet
- Wall Hung: the toilet is hung to the wall
Most bathrooms we install include a shower. Showers are fitted in an enclosure or above the bath, equipped with a screen or shower curtain.
- Mixer: A double-tap mixes hot and cold water to reach the desired temperature. Mixer taps have primarily been replaced by modern taps, which are safer, more efficient and effective.
- Thermostatic: Thermostatic taps are an excellent choice for baths. It is much better than the traditional mixer tap. They keep the temperature constant with no scalding risk.
- Digital: Digitally controlled showers that can be set with pinpoint accuracy. We also fit smart showers, which allow you to save the settings.
- Eco: Eco showers save up to 50% of the water, which is a good option for the environmentally conscious and saving money.
- Electric: Electric showers heat cold water instantly, an excellent option for households that don’t have ample hot water storage.
- Power: Includes a shower pump for the ultimate, most powerful shower experience.
Bathrooms must be heated well. Gas Safe Registered engineers undertake all bathroom heating.
- Radiators: Heated towel rails are excellent for bathrooms keeping multiple towels warm while heating the area. Other radiators include standard, column, designer and verticle.
- Underfloor Heating: Heat your Bathroom from the ground up with Underfloor Heating. We fit wet systems that work with your central heating and electric systems.
Other Fixtures & Fittings
We have gone through the main aspects of bathroom design and installation, including the finishing touches.
- Taps: Taps are fitted to your bath and basin. Many traditional and modern designs are available to suit your chosen design.
- Lighting: Bathroom lighting withstands heat and moisture while enhancing your design.
- Task Lighting: Additional lighting placed above mirrors to aid with grooming
- Storage: Storage includes shelving, units and cupboards to store your bathroom essentials.
Book Your Free Bathroom Installation Survey & Quote
Please get in touch with us to book your free no-obligation bathroom survey and quote.
Hi, I’m Terry the founder and owner of TM Hughes & Son Gas Services
Please get in touch using the Phone Numbers or Contact Form below
Call – 01268 351075
Get A Price Now
Call Us – 01268 351075
Email Us or Request A Call-Back
For Boiler Installations & Repair