Waste Disposal Units Wickford
Installation & Repairs
Call – 01268 351075
TM Hughes & Son offers Waste Disposal Unit installation and repairs in Wickford.
- Experienced and insured Plumbers
- Free no-obligation quotes
- No call-out charges for repairs
What Is A Waste Disposal Unit?
A waste disposal unit is installed between the sink’s drain and the trap under the kitchen sink.
The primary function of a waste disposal unit is to grind up food waste into tiny pieces, typically less than 2 mm in size, swiftly and efficiently taking care of leftovers, peelings, or any food scraps you feed it, reducing the overall volume of your household waste and simplifying your kitchen clean-up process.
How Does It Work?
The unit’s heart is a grinding chamber housing impellers mounted on a spinning plate.
When you activate the unit, the plate turns, forcing the food waste against the grind ring. This ring breaks down the food into small particles, washed away by water from your kitchen sink.
Safety is intrinsic to its design. The unit’s top has a rubber shield to prevent debris from flying back at you while the disposal is running.
It’s a blend of simplicity and sophistication that provides various benefits.
Why Should I Install One?
So why should the waste disposal unit be an integral part of your kitchen? Here are seven reasons:
- Efficiency: Waste disposal units simplify kitchen clean-up. You can rinse off plates directly into the sink, reducing the need for scraping food waste into the bin.
- Reduced Waste: By grinding kitchen scraps, a waste disposal unit reduces the volume of your waste, decreasing the load on local waste services and your food waste bin.
- Hygiene: It eliminates the need for food waste to sit in your kitchen bin, reducing unpleasant odours and the risk of attracting pests.
- Self-Cleaning: Waste disposal units are self-cleaning as they utilise the continuous water flow during operation to wash away the food particles.
- Environmental Impact: The food waste processed by waste disposal units can be transformed into biosolids at wastewater treatment works.
- Space-saving: Especially in small kitchens, a waste disposal unit reduces the need for large, cumbersome food bins.
- Convenience: Modern cooking practices involve using fresh produce, which leads to increased organic waste. Having a disposal unit eases the process of dealing with food waste.
Installing a waste disposal unit is an investment in convenience, hygiene, and responsible food waste management. Once installed, it will provide you with many years of use.
Get In Touch
Please get in touch for a free, no-obligation quote from one of our experienced Plumbers. Please use the phone number or contact form below.
Hi, I’m Terry the founder and owner of TM Hughes & Son Gas Services
Please get in touch using the Phone Numbers or Contact Form below