Underfloor Heating In Loughton
- Gas Safe Registered
- Fully Insured
Call – 0208 1680365
TM Hughes & Son Gas Services Ltd install, service and repair Underfloor Heating systems in and around Loughton.
We have over 30 years of experience in all forms of heating systems and a team of certified. Insured Gas Safe Registered engineers.
Wet & Electric Underfloor Heating Systems
Our team fit both wet and electric Underfloor Heating systems, which can be installed in any home.
Both systems have their pro’s and cons, the best system for you will depend on your property and your budget.
For homes with a Boiler powered central heating system (most homes in Loughton), you have the choice of a wet or electric underfloor heating system.
If you want to heat a large area or multiple rooms, a wet system is probably the best bet.
Alternatively, if you want to heat a small area or a single room, an electric system might be the better option.
A free survey undertaken by one of our engineers will help you determine the best system for your home and budget. The free survey includes a free no-obligation quote.
Here are a few points about wet and electric systems so you can determine the advantages and disadvantages of both, giving you an idea of the best system for your home.
- Wet system underfloor heating uses hot water heated by your Boiler.
- Pipes run under the floor of each room you want to be heated.
- The Boilers are connected to a manifold where all the pipes are running underfloor throughout the home meet.
- A pump and electric valves are connected to the system to circulate and control the flow of hot water.
- A thermostat controls the temperature of the underfloor heating system.
- Some thermostats can control the temperature of each room. These are known as ‘multiple zone’ thermostats.
- All underfloor heating pipes are fitted in new floors on top of floors or between floor joists.
- All pipes are insulated with Celotex, screed or specially designed insulated plates.
- The insulation ensures minimal heat loss and provides heat for many hours once heated.
- Wet systems cost more than electric systems to install
- Wet systems take longer to install than electric systems.
- Wet systems have better energy efficiency than electric systems and are cheaper to run.
- Wet underfloor heating systems are more efficient than traditional central heating systems with radiators and are cheaper to run.
- Electric Underfloor Heating systems utilise electric coils powered by your mains electricity which snakes under the floor like wet system pipes.
- Electric coils are available on ready-made mats or loose cable.
- The mats are rolled out across the floor area, and connected flooring is laid on top.
- Alternatively, Electric systems can be installed and screeded over.
- Electric underfloor heating can be placed on top of existing floors also.
- For smaller areas and oddly shaped rooms, loose electric cable is used, which can be shaped to fit any area.
- Electric systems use some form of insulation to provide excellent heat and good energy efficiency.
- Electric systems are cheaper and quicker to install than wet system underfloor Heating.
- Electric systems cost more to run than conventional wet underfloor heating systems.
Underfloor Heating A Worthwhile Investment
Whatever system you choose for your home, Underfloor Heating is a worthwhile investment that’ll provide luxurious heat over many years.
Underfloor Heating is the most energy-efficient method of heating a home. It heats the entire surface area of every room from the floor up, providing equal Heating throughout the room.
A typical system will last 35+ years. You may need some servicing and pump, valve replacement every 10-15 years. These parts are easy to access and cheap to replace.
Underfloor Heating is near impossible to damage as the above-ground working parts are hidden away in a cupboard while the pipes/coils are buried beneath the floor.
The removal of radiators frees up wall space and makes the room look bigger and better.
Underfloor Heating will add value to your home and make it more attractive to potential buyers if you ever decide to sell.
Underfloor Heating Installation
If you are interested in installing an Underfloor Heating system, we would like to offer you a free no-obligation survey and quote.
One of our engineers will visit to inspect your home and current heating system and offer various options that’ll work best for your property and heating requirements.
Underfloor Heating Servicing & Repairs
It’s a good idea to have your Underfloor Heating system checked annually. Many of our customers have theirs checked when we undertake their annual Boiler and cylinder servicing.
We’ll test and check the manifold, pump and valves to ensure they’re set and working correctly.
Seals are checked for tightness, and we can replace any worn washers while we’re there also.
If you’re experiencing issues such as cold spots, poor Heating, non-function or a leak under the floor, we can help you.
Removing trapped air from the pipes will reduce cold spots. In addition, faulty pumps and valves which prevent your system from working can be replaced.
If you leak the floor, we can quickly establish the source with a thermal imaging camera and promptly deal with the leak.
If you would like a free quote or want to discuss your Underfloor Heating requirements with a heating engineer, please get in touch using the phone numbers or contact form below.