Bathroom Installation, Design & Refurbishment In Loughton
Call – 0208 1680365
TM Hughes & Son designs, install and refurbishes bathrooms in and around Loughton.
We will design and install a brand new bathroom from scratch or refurbish your existing Bathroom, utilising new and existing fixtures to give it a unique look.
We have a skilled, highly experienced team of bathroom fitters, plumbers, gas engineers, tilers and electricians to build your Bathroom.
We build all types and styles of bathrooms for all budgets. Hard-wearing components and materials are used to ensure you’re new Bathroom will provide many years of service.
All Bathroom builds are carefully planned to ensure smooth and timely fitting with little disruption.
Want To Know More About Our Bathroom Installation Services?
You are likely reading this page as you’re thinking about having a new bathroom fitted.
Bathroom design is very involved with lots of parts to take into consideration.
That’s why we offer a free no-obligation survey undertaken by our bathroom designer.
Our bathroom designer is a designer and fitter, not a salesman on commission. So you won’t experience any coercive or pressurised sales tactics.
Once we know what you want, our designer will get the best prices for the materials and write you a free and fair no-obligation quote. You’ll find our prices amongst the best in Loughton.
The Design & Build Process
The survey allows us to establish the design of the Bathroom you want, including fixtures and fittings.
We can build a bathroom with the materials you choose or imitate a design you have seen online or in print.
Alternatively, we can show you some of the examples of bathrooms we have built and build yours in the same style.
Typical Bathroom Styles Include
- Beach House
- Shabby Chic
- And more
The Essential Bathroom Materials
Carefully selected wall coverings, flooring materials, bathroom suites, lighting, fixtures and fittings will create your bathroom design, look and feel.
Your Bathroom will not only look great, but it will also be easy and enjoyable to use.
Bathroom flooring is waterproof, preventing any leaking in the event of those inevitable spillages.
The flooring picked will depend on your Bathroom Design and the people using the Bathroom.
- Concrete – A trendy modern flooring material compliments modern bathrooms very well. Once down concrete must be treated every couple of years to ensure it remains water-resistant.
- Tiles – Porcelain Tiles will work with any style of endless bathroom designs, patterns and are available and very durable, less likely to break than standard ceramic tiles.
- Rubber – An extremely grippy, non-slip and soft material, perfect for children and elderly people.
- Vynil – Easy to fit waterproof material supplied on rolls or in packs of tiles, slippery when wet, so not the best choice for children or the elderly.
Bathroom Wall Coverings
Bathroom Walls must be waterproof around bath and shower areas and be water and moisture resistant in other regions.
- Wall Panels – Quick and easy to fit supplied in long sections with a decent width. Multiple colours are available in acrylic, laminate or PVC.
- Paint – Sections of walls not covered in tiles, panels or wood are painted in water-resistant bathroom paint. Hundreds of colours are available.
- Tiles – The most popular material for Bathroom walls, most bathrooms are wholly or partly tiled. Ceramic tiles are generally fitted to walls in many different colours. Patterns are available usually in squares or rectangles, although some other obscure shapes are available.
- Wood – Treated wood’s fitted in bathrooms that require timber features to create the desired design. Wood cannot be used in the shower and bath areas.
Basic Bathroom Suites include a bath, toilet and basin. Some have built-in vanity units.
Next, you’ll pick a traditional or modern suite depending on the type of Bathroom we’re’ building for you.
Traditional suites include more lines and decorative features, while modern suites tend to be sleek and minimal.
For example, Traditional suites are fitted in victorian and farmhouse bathrooms, while modern suites are fitted in Scandanavian and contemporary bathrooms.
Many suites are available in a range of sizes to work with any bathroom size and design.
Most modern-day baths are constructed from acrylic or steel. Nickel, stone and copper are alternative materials to suit specific bathrooms, although these are more expensive than acrylic or steel. Baths range in lengths of 1500-1800 mm
Bath types include
- Shower Baths
Basins are generally ceramic constructed, although other types are available if required. Basin types include
- Counter Top
- Stand Mounted
- Under The Counter
- Wall Mounted
All Toilets installed by TM Hughes & Son include modern and efficient water-saving dual flushes, good for the environment and your bills.
Toilet types include
- Back To The Wall
- Comfort Height
- High Cistern
- Wall Hung
All good bathrooms include a shower which will be installed over your bath or in an enclosure behind a tempered glass or laminated glass.
Our plumbers fit all types of a shower which include
- Mixer – Mixes hot and cold water to reach your desired temperature. There are better modern alternatives to keep the temperature consistent.
- Electric – Heat cold water instantly to a preset temperature
- Digital – Set with modern digital controls. Some even feature remote controls.
- Eco – Uses less water, up to 50% in some cases, than other shower types. Great for those on a water meter.
- Power – Powerful pump assisted showers. Specific requirements are needed to install one.
- Thermostatic – Safe showers that maintain a consistent temperature and never go above the setting, great for use with children.
Good heating is required for a comfortable bathroom experience. We have gas safe registered heating engineers who will deal with this side of things.
- Radiators – We fit different designs of radiators, including flat panel, vertical, column and designer. We’ll install thermostatic valves so you can accurately control the temperature.
- Heated Towel Rails – Ladder style towel radiators are the number one choice for bathrooms with the capacity to hold and heat several towels.
- Underfloor Heating – The best form of heating for bathrooms ensuring a warm floor and room throughout. We fit both wet and electric underfloor heating systems.
Storage units are available in a range of colours and designs to compliment your Bathroom and are fitted in suitable areas.
- Freestanding cabinets
- Wall hung cabinets
- Under-sink storage
- Vanity units
Bathroom Lightings is fitted to provide light and make the rest of your bathroom look good. We’ll place lighting to enhance tiled feature walls or mirror areas to provide extra light for shaving and putting on make-up.
Ceiling Lights provide the most light throughout the Bathroom, ceiling lights are flush or semi-flush to withstand moisture and dampness. Hundreds of designs are on offer to compliment your bathroom design.
To further discuss bathroom design & installation or book a free no-obligation quote, please use the contact form or the phone numbers below.