Gas Fire Servicing Wickford
Call – 01268 351075
Welcome to TM Hughes & Son Gas Services Ltd. We service Gas Fires in Wickford.
Regular servicing of your Gas Fire ensures it runs efficiently, burns the right amount of fuel, is safe and is not a carbon monoxide risk.
Six Reasons Why You Should Use TM Hughes & Son For Your Fire Servicing
- Qualified Gas Safe Registered engineers do all Servicing
- Our engineers are fully insured
- We have been serving the residents of Wickford for over 30 years
- All types and makes of fire and flue serviced
- All fires serviced to a stringent procedure
- Fair and affordable prices
We Service All Fires
We service all types of fire of all makes, which include
- Standard Open Fronted
- Outset Gas Fires
And all chimneys and flues, which include
- Brick Chimney
- Class One Flues
- Pre-Cast Flues
A Typical Gas Fire Service Procedure
- Contact us and let us know what fire you have we’ll give you a price. If you’re happy with the price, book a time and date for our engineer to visit.
- Our engineer will arrive at your property and cover the flooring around the fire to protect it from dust and dirt.
- The gas supply is switched off to enable our engineer to work on the fire.
- The fire frontage is removed, and the fire assembly is cleaned. The fire assembly includes a burner unit, pipes, catalyst, inline restrictor and the pilot assembly, all the working parts of the fire.
- Once clean the fire’s reassembled, and the gas supply is reinstated, the engineer checks the connection for leaking gas.
- The fire’s switched on, and the gas pressure’s checked and adjusted if the correct rate isn’t being burned.
- The flue (or chimney) is tested to ensure that exhaust gasses are adequately expelled.
- The fire’s safety devices are tested.
- The engineer tidies the work area and writes a service record.
Following The Gas Fire Service
Following the Gas Fire Service, your fire will run better. You can rest assured it’s safe to use and not a carbon monoxide liability.
While the testing undertaken during the service verifies fire safety, you should have a carbon monoxide alarm in the same room as the fire. Our engineer will advise if one isn’t present.
Your fire will be far less likely to break down following the service. If any concerning underlying issues are present, they will be revealed during the service and can be rectified.
Keep the service record as you may need it for your fire warranty or home breakdown insurance.
Hi, I’m Terry the founder and owner of TM Hughes & Son Gas Services
Please get in touch using the Phone Numbers or Contact Form below
Call – 01268 351075
For Boiler Installations & Repair