Boiler Service & Repairs Leigh On Sea
Call – 01702 910075
We Service & Repair All Types & Makes Of Boilers Including
0% Boiler Finance Available Click Here For More Information
Welcome to TM Hughes & Son Gas Services Ltd. We Service & Repair Boilers in Leigh On Sea.
We service and repair all types and makes of Boiler.
We are accredited by the UK’s leading boiler manufacturers, including Worcester Bosch, Baxi, Glow-Worm, Potterton, Vaillant & Ideal.
Boiler servicing and repairs include fair rates and no call out charges.
Our engineers are fully insured and Gas Safe registered.
TM Hughes, servicing your Boiler once a year provides numerous benefits.
- We service Boilers six days per week (we are available 24/7 for emergencies should you ever have one ). You can book a timeslot and date that’s convenient for you.
- Servicing is undertaken by Gas Safe Registered and insured engineers with many years of experience in Boiler servicing. Our engineers will show you their gas ID before servicing commences.
- Our engineers are clean and tidy, professional and friendly.
- Our Boiler Servicing prices are amongst the best in Leigh On Sea.
- Boiler servicing is done following the correct procedures outlined by your Boiler manufacturer.
- Servicing involves cleaning the essential working components, ensuring your Boiler will run at its maximal possible energy efficiency, saving you money on your energy bills. (Please note every Boiler’s different, and the improved efficiency will depend on your Boiler, condition, type and age)
- Following a service, your Boiler is far less likely to break down and need a repair (most emergency Boiler repairs we attend are on neglected Boilers that haven’t been serviced annually).
- If your Boiler has any underlying issues you’re not aware of, we’ll uncover them during the service, so you can make plans before the issue starts causing you problems.
- Servicing verifies that your Boiler is not leaking gas or is a carbon monoxide liability. Our engineer ensures your Boiler is burning the correct amount of gas, adequate ventilation, and the flues are expelling all noxious gasses properly.
- Once the Boiler has been serviced, it’s switched on and tested to ensure it’s running correctly. Our engineer will also check your radiators are getting hot and offer advice, so you get the best from your Boiler and central heating system.
- Having your Boiler serviced ensures it’s covered by your home breakdown cover and Boiler manufacturer’s warranty. Both will stipulate that your Boiler must be serviced annually by a qualified gas engineer for valid cover.
- After the Boiler has been serviced, the engineer will write you a service record. This document proves a Gas Safe Registered engineer has serviced your Boiler. Keep this document in case you ever need to make a claim on your home insurance or Boiler warranty.
If your Boiler has broken down or isn’t running correctly, we will repair it for you.
Our Boiler repairs are undertaken by experienced Gas Safe Registered engineers who will quickly diagnose the fault and repair it, bringing your Boiler back to life and restoring your heating and hot water.
Our Boiler Repair services include no call out charges.
When To Call Us
Even though your Boiler is playing up, you may still be able to run it. However, it would be best if you let us look at it. Running your Boiler on a fault may work for now, but it will break eventually and could become a more expensive repair.
Here are some typical Boiler faults that an engineer should examine.
Switching Off / Low Pressure
If your Boiler regularly switches off, you have a pressure issue (unless it’s your pilot light. See below).
First of all, repressurise your Boiler as instructed by your Boiler manual. Now monitor the pressure.
Does it drop? does your Boiler continue to switch off?
If so, your Boiler is leaking and has a blockage or troublesome pump. Blockages are located and removed. Dealing with leaks can be as simple as tightening a seal, other times, a part will need replacing. If your pump is failing, we can replace that also.
If it’s freezing weather, your condensate pipe may be frozen. If the pipe’s frozen, the wastewater won’t flow, preventing your Boiler from running.
An engineer will defrost your pipe and then adequately insulate the pipe, so this fault doesn’t occur again.
Pilot Light Keeps Blowing Out
If your pilot light keeps blowing out, the most likely remedy is a thermocouple replacement.
The thermocouple is a safety sensor that regulates the gas supply and will shut off the gas if enough isn’t burnt, preventing a dangerous gas build-up.
When Thermocouples malfunction, they cut off the gas supply prematurely, cutting the pilot light.
Our engineer will test your thermocouple and replace it if necessary. If the thermocouple isn’t the issue, it’s likely your gas supply, which our engineer will also check.
Never ignore a leaking Boiler. Something isn’t right. Leaks will eventually damage your Boiler’s internal components and electric circuits, leading to more significant and expensive damage. Therefore, the leak should be inspected and repaired.
Whistling/Boiling Kettle Noise
Always get your Boiler inspected if it starts making unusual sounds such as kettle boiling/whistling noises.
Whistling noises indicate a piece of limescale is blocked in the heat exchanger and must be removed.
The heat exchanger could be damaged beyond repair if the noise is ignored, writing off the Boiler.
The Boiler Won’t Switch On At All
Many issues will prevent a Boiler from switching on at all. However, one of our engineers will quickly identify and rectify the fault, whatever the issue.
Don’t go without heating or hot water. Instead, contact us today and speak to one of our engineers, who’ll advise over the phone and get to your property within a couple of hours.
Hi, I’m Terry the founder and owner of TM Hughes & Son Gas Services
Please get in touch using the Phone Numbers or Contact Form below