TM Hughes & Son install, service and repair Underfloor Heating in Leigh On Sea.
We are Underfloor Heating specialists with over 30 years of experience. Our team includes Gas Safe Registered, fully insured engineers.
We can install Underfloor Heating systems in any type of home and offer free no-obligation surveys and quotes.
Underfloor Heating Is The Best Heating
We feel Underfloor Heating is the best heating system for most homes, here’s why
- Underfloor Heating is available in various forms to suit all types of properties, from new build homes to old listed buildings.
- Underfloor Heating can be powered by hot water from your Boiler or electricity. These are called Wet and Electric systems. We fit both kinds.
- Underfloor Heating heats the entire room over the surface area from the floor up. Conventional radiators only heat a room from a single location from the wall.
- The temperature of a room heated with Underfloor Heating remains consistently warm throughout with no hot or cold areas.
- Underfloor Heating is fitted with insulation. The insulation retains and emits heat for several hours. An incredibly energy-efficient system.
- Underfloor Heating requires less power to fully heat a room and keep it warm, resulting in better energy efficiency, lower fuel bills, and a lower carbon footprint.
- Underfloor Heating allows the removal of radiators. You gain wall space, and each room appears larger.
- Underfloor Heating lasts a long time. The system will last well over 30 years, maybe even longer.
- Underfloor Heating requires little maintenance. All working parts are above the ground and easy to access, service and replace.
- Underfloor heating systems are hidden out of harm’s way and are highly unlikely to suffer accidental damage.
- Underfloor Heating systems can be combined with zone thermostats allowing you to control the temperature of each room and the latest smart controls to control the Heating from an app on your smart device, from anywhere.
- Underfloor Heating adds value to your home, a desirable feature to home buyers.
- Warm floors are the ultimate in-home comfort, especially during wintertime.
Underfloor Heating Installation
If you’re interested in having an Underfloor Heating system installed in your home, we would like to offer you a free survey and no-obligation quote.
One of our friendly engineers will visit and evaluate the area of your home you want the Underfloor Heated.
We install systems of all sizes, so we can install a system in a single room or your entire home.
Wet systems are connected to your Boiler, drawing hot water distributed through pipes that run under the floor. Pipes can be set into a screed on an existing floor or between floorboards. Many options are available.
Electric systems are better for smaller Underfloor Heating installations or those that don’t have a Boiler powered central heating system. Electric coils heat the room, and again many different types are on offer to suit all types of floors and flooring.
As a general rule of thumb, electric systems are quicker, cheaper and easier to fit but cost a bit more to run.
While wet systems take longer to install and require more investment, they will pay for themselves over time as they are more energy-efficient.
Our engineer will go through all the options with you during your free survey and establish the best kind of Underfloor Heating system for your home and budget.
Underfloor Heating Servicing & Maintenance
Electric Underfloor Heating systems don’t require any maintenance. However, wet systems should be checked and maintained now and then.
If you have an Underfloor Heating system in place, we will service your system to ensure everything’s in order.
During the service, the manifold is checked, and all the pipes are checked for tightness and retightened if necessary.
While we’re there, we’ll check your pump, motorised valves and controls to ensure your system is in complete working order and is running correctly.
If you have an old Underfloor Heating system which you feel doesn’t live up to its original standards, not getting as warm as it once did, we offer Power Flushing.
By Power Flushing your Underfloor Heating pipes, we can remove all limescale and debris that can build up in pipes preventing them from heating fully and adequately.
Afterwards, your Underfloor Heating will be restored to its former glory providing nice warm floors, once again.
Underfloor Heating Repairs
The working parts of an Underfloor heating system are above the ground and easy to access, so if you have issues, we can undertake repairs.
Broken manifolds, pumps, valves and controls can quickly be removed and replaced to get your Underfloor Heating working again.
If you accidentally damage a pipe under the floor, we will swiftly locate the leak with a thermal imaging camera. Once we know where the leak is, we can access the part of the damaged pipe and repair it.
Airlocks are another issue that occurs within Under Floor Heating pipes. In this instance, we’ll bleed the air out of your system so it heats thoroughly again.
If you would like a quote for an Underfloor Heating Installation or need a service and repair, please get in touch using the phone numbers or contact form below.
Hi, I’m Terry the founder and owner of TM Hughes & Son Gas Services
Please get in touch using the Phone Numbers or Contact Form below