Welcome to TM Hughes & Son. We install and repair Taps in Basildon.
- Experienced & Insured Plumbers
- Free Quotes
Taps are essential to every home’s plumbing system, providing clean water for cooking, cleaning, and drinking.
Our Plumbers install and repair all types of Taps and mechanisms for the home and business.
Types Of Taps
There are several types of Taps to choose from for installation. These include
Traditional separate hot and cold water Taps are commonly found in older homes and bathrooms.
Combine hot and cold water streams into a single spout. Mixer Taps provide easy temperature control and are common in modern homes.
A compact and stylish variant of the mixer tap, monobloc Taps use a single lever to control both water flow and temperature.
As the name suggests, these Taps are mounted on the wall above the sink or bath, providing a sleek and minimalist look.
Typically used with freestanding baths, these Taps are not connected to the bath or sink and can be a striking design feature.
Types Of Tap Mechanisms
The above Taps include one of the following tap mechanisms.
Traditional Rubber Washer & Valve seat
The classic Tap mechanism relies on a rubber washer compressing against a valve seat to control water flow. While simple and cost-effective, these Taps are more prone to wear and leaking over time.
Ceramic Disc Cartridges
Modern Taps often use ceramic disc cartridges, which provide a durable and low-maintenance alternative to traditional rubber washers.
These tap mechanisms require only a quarter-turn to open or close the water flow, offering greater convenience and ease of use.
Found in mixer Taps, these cartridges control the water flow and temperature by mixing hot and cold water streams.
Common Tap Issues That Require Repairs
- Leaking: Often caused by worn or damaged washers, seals, or cartridges, leaking Taps, and wastewater and are annoying. Repair or replacement of the washers or mechanism is usually required.
- Dripping: A persistent drip from your tap may indicate a damaged valve seat, which will need replacing.
- Loose tap handles: Over time, tap handles can become loose due to wear or corrosion. Tightening or replacing the handle will resolve this issue.
- Low water pressure: Damaged cartridges or issues with the plumbing system can lead to reduced water pressure at your Taps. Identifying and addressing the issue restores water flow.
- Stiff or hard-to-turn Taps: Corrosion, limescale buildup, or worn parts can make your Taps challenging to operate. Regular maintenance and cleaning and part replacement when necessary will solve this issue.
Contact Us Today
If you would like a free, no-obligation quote for a new tap installation or require a repair, please get in touch with us using the phone number or form below.
Hi, I’m Terry the founder and owner of TM Hughes & Son Gas Services
Please get in touch using the Phone Numbers or Contact Form below