Gas Fire Servicing Basildon & Surrounding Areas
Call – 01268 351075
Have a Gas Fire? We are a team of Gas Safe registered engineers who will service your Fire to a high standard. We have many years of experience in servicing fires in and around Basildon. We can service any make and type of Fire.
Servicing is done to a stringent procedure that thoroughly cleans your Fire, allowing it to run at best possible efficiency. Flues are tested to ensure they are expelling all exhaust gasses properly protecting you and your family from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Do I Need My Fire Servicing?
If your Fire hasn’t been serviced in the last 12 months, you should have it serviced
If your Fire is difficult to light, has soot stains on the outside or your room is smokey when the Fire’s on then you need a service ASAP.
If you or anyone in the household’s experiencing tiredness, drowsiness, dizzy spells, nausea or headaches don’t use your Fire or any other gas appliances until a gas engineer has checked things over, the above symptoms are an indication of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Benefits Of Gas Fire Servicing
- All internal components, including the gas jets, are cleaned and cleared of any blockages resulting in the best energy efficiency your Fire’s capable of meaning lower energy bills.
- Safety devices are checked to ensure they’re working giving you peace of mind you’re safe in the event of a fault.
- Flues and chimneys are tested
- Reduces the chances of carbon monoxide poisoning
- Validates gas fire warranties and insurance
- Good practice for landlords gas safety checks
While Gas Fires are very safe, they are still a carbon monoxide risk servicing reduces the risk and allows any faults to be identified. Owners of Gas Fires should have carbon monoxide alarms fitted in the same room as the Fire.
Gas Fire’s generally last a long time, and manufacturers offer long warranties check your warranty, and it’ll likely state the Fire must undergo an annual service for warranty validation. (It’s usually the same for gas fire insurance or home breakdown cover as well)
Gas Fires We Service
Our Gas Safe Registered engineers service all types of Fire and flue/chimney types.
- Standard Open Fronted Gas Fires
- High-Efficiency Gas Fires
- Outset Gas Fires
- Brick Chimney/Class One Flue
- Pre-Fabricated Flue
- Pre-Cast Flue
The Service Procedure
- An engineer will arrive at the agreed time and present the required Gas Safe Registration identification
- Sheets are laid in the working area in front of the Fire, so no carpets/flooring gets dirty
- The gas supply is switched off
- The fire assembly is examined and fully cleaned
- All components are disconnected and removed
- All components are cleaned and checked for blockages (which are removed)
- Components are replaced
- The gas supply switched on
- The fires checked to ensure it’s burning gas correctly
- The pressures tested
- The flue/chimney is tested
- Gas leak test is conducted
- A service records written and signed by the engineer
*Please note we only service Gas Fires we don’t install them
If you would like to book a Gas Fire Service, please contact us using the phone numbers or contact form below