Boiler Servicing Basildon
Boiler Service only £70
Call – 01268 351075
We Service All Boilers Including
0% Boiler Finance Available, Buy Now Pay Later Click Here For More Information
We have been keeping the heating on in Basildon for over 30 years. Boilers work hard. Every day they supply you and your family with hot water and heat through the colder months.
Boiler breakdowns are troublesome and can be expensive (although we usually can repair boilers quickly at a fair price). Breakdowns in the depths of winter are widespread and are a nightmare in some instances. A freezing house isn’t fun heating engineers are very busy in the colder months, and you end up waiting a while until your boiler’s fixed.
Protect yourself from Boiler failure with an annual boiler service undertaken by a gas safe registered engineer with many years of experience in servicing Boilers.
An annual Boiler Service Will
- Minimise the risk of Boiler failure
- Protect you and your family from carbon monoxide poisoning
- Ensure your Boiler runs efficiently
- Save you money on heating bills
- Validate your home insurance
- Uncover any underlying issues with your Boiler
Having an annual Boiler Service is the best thing you can do to prevent a breakdown. A fully qualified Gas Safe Engineer can come to your home anytime you like and carry out a boiler service following a strict procedure that leaves no stone unturned. After the service, your Boiler will be running as efficiently as possible (efficiency depends on boiler age and type), making your home cosy and saving money on your energy bills.
Our friendly Basildon Heating Engineers will show their Gas Safe Cards on arrival, giving you peace of mind that you’re using a qualified professional. All work’s done in a tidy manner to a high standard the work area will be left how found.
After the service, we’ll give you recommendations on your Boiler and Central Heating System (if necessary). If we uncover any issues with your Boiler that require repair (before the issue turns into a severe problem), we can usually repair the boiler there and then. We’ll always discuss any repairs with you first and establish the price.
Carbon Monoxide poisoning is rare, but it’s a risk to all Basildon homes with a fuel-burning appliance. Annual Boiler servicing significantly reduces the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. We’ll check the boiler for signs of carbon monoxide during the service.
Boiler breakdown’s covered on some insurance policies, usually only if the Boilers serviced annually. We’ll provide documentation so that you can prove your boiler service to your insurers in the event of a breakdown.
TM Hughes & Son are Worcester Bosch Accredited Gas, Engineers
0% Finance is available for Boilers and Repairs. Click Here for more information
Boiler Service Procedure
- First of all, we’ll inspect the exterior of the boiler case for leaks and rust, which occurs when the water’s leaking, usually due to worn out seals and faulty pressure valves. We carry many valves and seals in stock, so we can generally change them during the services. The case is then removed and checked on the inside. Corroded cases can sometimes be repaired. If not, we’ll source a new case for your Boiler.
- Pipe work’s checked for leaks
- Seals are checked for corrosion and tightness
- Pressure’s checked and adjusted as necessary to ensure correct water flow. Here we can establish if there are any blockages in your system (that’s causing your Boiler to switch off regularly)
- The internal Boiler components are cleaned. Cleaning will make your Boiler run better and allow us to perform the necessary tests with accuracy.
- The pressure of the gas burner’s checked and adjusted as needed.
- The boiler undergoes a gas rate check (with a gas meter) establishing whether your boiler’s using the right amount of gas per hour.
- Next, a flue gas analyser’s placed inside the flue. The rate of oxygen, carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide’s checked. The analysis ensures your boilers safe and running efficiently.
- Ventilations essential for proper boiler function and safety. We’ll review the ventilation and that your boiler’s getting the required 10 meters of cubic air for every meter of cubic gas.
- The flues checked, a correctly set up flue expels all poisonous gasses while holding onto heat. Incorrectly fitted flues are bad for heating bills and potentially dangerous. We’ll make sure your flues safe and functioning correctly.
- Modern boilers feature safety devices such as safety and relief valves. These safety devices prevent boiler damage. All are checked to make sure they’re working properly.
- The Boiler and pipework are checked thoroughly for leaking gas
- The Boiler case is cleaned and refitted
- The boiler and heating are switched on
- Radiators are checked for heat and bled as necessary. Trapped air’s ubiquitous and prevents radiators from heating fully. Occasionally radiators are full of sludge built up over many years; this debris can prevent radiators from getting hot in the bottom and middle. If this is an issue for you, we can arrange a power flush.
- Exterior pipes are checked. Uninsulated pipes can freeze, causing boiler failure. We’ll make recommendations on any vulnerable pipes.
- A service record’s written. Keep this record to prove your boiler and system’s been serviced by a fully qualified heating engineer.
Types Of Boiler We Service In Basildon
We service all Combi, System and Regular Boilers. We mainly service Gas boilers in Basildon homes. We also service all boilers of other fuel types, including LPG, Oil and Electricity.
Makes Of Boiler We Service
We service all boiler makes, which include
- Saunier Duval
- Worcester Bosch
If you would like a quote or book a Boiler Service, please contact us using the phone number or contact form below.
Hi, I’m Terry the founder and owner of TM Hughes & Son Gas Services
Please get in touch using the Phone Numbers or Contact Form below
Call – 01268 351075
Get A Price Now
Call Us – 01268 351075
Email Us or Request A Call-Back
For Boiler Installations & Repair