Boiler Service & Repair Colchester
Call – 01206 430156
We Service & Repair All Types & Makes Of Boilers Including
0% Boiler Finance Available, Buy Now Pay Later Click Here For More Information
Welcome to TM Hughes & Son Gas Services Ltd. We Service and Repair Boilers in Colchester.
All makes, and types of Boilers are serviced and repaired by experienced Gas Safe Registered engineers.
We are accredited by some of the UK’s leading Boiler Manufacturers, including Worcester Bosch, Baxi, Glow-Worm, Potterton, Vaillant & Ideal.
Our emergency Boiler Repair services include no call out charges.
Boilers must be serviced annually to ensure…
- Correct running at the best possible efficiency
- The chances of breakdown are reduced
- There are no underlying, unknown issues
- The Boiler’s safe and not a carbon monoxide risk
- You’re not wasting energy and money
- Your home breakdown insurance and Boiler warranty remain valid
The Boiler Service procedure is swift, tidy and inexpensive. We have engineers based in Colchester ready for you to book at a convenient time and date.
All Boilers are serviced following a thorough procedure where all active components are cleaned, checked and adjusted if necessary.
Following the Service, you can rest assured your Boiler’s clean, safe and efficient while your warranty and home breakdown insurance is valid.
The Service Procedure
Service procedures vary slightly depending on the make and type of your Boiler. However, all Boilers are serviced following the manufacturer’s guidelines. Here’s what a typical Boiler Service looks like.
- The engineer will arrive at your property on the booked time and date. He’ll present his Gas Safe ID, so you know your Boiler is being serviced by a qualified and insured professional.
- The engineer will remove and visually inspect the Boiler casing inside and out for signs of corrosion, which is the sign of a leak within the Boiler.
- The pipework is checked for leaks and tightness, and any loose connections and seals are tightened.
- The pressure is inspected to ensure it remains at the correct level and constant.
- The Boiler components are cleaned.
- The gas burner is tested to ensure the correct pressure. The engineer will adjust if necessary.
- The gas rate is checked using a gas meter.
- The safety devices within the Boiler are tested.
- A flue gas analyser is placed inside the flue to check the rate of oxygen, carbon monoxide and dioxide.
- Ventilation is tested to ensure there’s enough air present.
- The Boiler’s checked to ensure there’s no leaking gas
- All radiators are checked to ensure they are hot. The engineer will bleed them if necessary.
- The condensate pipe is checked to ensure the pipes are adequately insulated.
- A service record is written and given to you.
We have engineers available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to attend Boiler Repairs. We attend most Boiler emergencies within 2 hours. Our repair services include no-call out charges.
Call us for advice if your Boiler has an issue but still runs. If the issue isn’t urgent, you’re welcome to book a repair at a convenient time and date.
When To Call Us
Never ignore issues with your Boiler. It may run ok for now but could develop more severe issues or sustain expensive damage if not repaired by an engineer.
Typical Boiler issues that need attention include
Boiler Won’t Switch On
If your Boiler doesn’t switch on, try repressurising it. There’s a fault somewhere within the Boiler if it still won’t switch on. Give us a call.
Boiling Kettle Noise & Other Unusual Noises
If your Boiler makes any strange or unusual noises, it’s time to call an engineer. For example, a whistling boiling kettle type noise indicates a limescale blockage in the heat exchanger. Left alone, it can cause significant and expensive damage to your Boiler.
Boiler Keeps Losing Pressure
If your Boiler won’t maintain pressure and keeps dropping (it will probably keep switching off as well), there’s probably a leak or blockage somewhere. One of our engineers will locate the leak or blockage and remedy the issue.
If there’s no leak or blockage, you may have a faulty pump, which is simple enough to replace for our engineers.
Pilot Light Keeps Going Out
If your pilot light keeps blowing out, it’s usually caused by a thermocouple safety device. Faulty thermocouples are replaced to get your Boiler back running without issue.
Boilers can still run with leaks but left alone will damage your Boiler and the areas of your home around the Boiler.
Sometimes leaks are solved by tightening loose seals other times. The issue may be more serious such as a leak from the heat exchanger.
Leaks should always be looked at by a Gas Safe Registered engineer and rectified.
If it’s freezing conditions and your Boiler has stopped and won’t start again, check the condensate pipe which runs from the Boiler along the outside wall into a drain.
If the pipes have not been insulated, it has likely frozen, preventing your Boiler from working.
One of our engineers will defrost the pipe and insulate it properly, so the issue never occurs again.
If you’re not experiencing any of the above issues, but you feel your Boiler’s not running right, give us a call and speak to one of our engineers.
0% Finance is available for Boilers and Repairs. Click Here for more information.
Hi, I’m Terry the founder and owner of TM Hughes & Son Gas Services
Please get in touch using the Phone Numbers or Contact Form below