Air Conditioning Colchester
Call – 01206 430156
Welcome to TM Hughes & Son Gas Services Ltd. We provide Air Conditioning solutions in Colchester and the surrounding areas.
Our range of Air Conditioning services include installing, servicing and repairing air conditioning systems in residential and commercial properties.
Our team of skilled, insured, and Gas Safe Registered engineers are available for free, no-obligation surveys and quotes at your home or business premises.
Key Features of Our Services:
- Insured and experienced Gas Safe Registered engineers.
- Installation, Servicing & Repairs
- Free no-obligation surveys and quotes
- No call-out charges for emergencies and repairs
Air Conditioning Installation
Air Conditioning for the home and business is available in many solutions to suit every space and situation. We offer free, no-obligation quotes undertaken by our engineers, who have many years of experience installing Air Conditioning systems.
Air Conditioning installation is very flexible and can be fitted to serve a single room or your entire home/business premises.
During the survey, the engineer will calculate the cooling load and the amount of heat and humidity that needs to be removed to cool your space adequately.
Calculating the cooling load allows our engineer to give you an accurate estimate of running costs based on the current energy prices.
Our engineer will go through the different types of AC units with you. These include
Split Air Conditioning
A split air conditioning system consists of two main components: an indoor unit and an outdoor unit. The indoor unit houses the evaporator coil and the air handling unit, while the outdoor unit houses the compressor and condenser. Refrigerant lines and electrical wiring connect these two units.
- Easy installation, as it requires no ductwork.
- Quiet operation, as the noisy components (compressor and condenser), are located outside.
- Individual temperature control for each room.
- Energy-efficient, as there is no loss of cooled or heated air through ducts.
- Ideal for cooling a single room or a small area.
- The unit is attached to the wall or ceiling.
Multi-Split Air Conditioning
A multi-split system extends the split system, where multiple indoor units are connected to a single outdoor unit. Each indoor unit can be controlled individually, allowing different temperature settings in separate rooms or zones.
- Efficient cooling and heating for multiple rooms or zones using a single outdoor unit.
- Individual temperature control for each room.
- Reduced installation costs compared to installing separate split systems for each room.
- More complex installation compared to a single split system.
- The outdoor unit size may be larger and require more space.
Central Air Conditioning
Central air conditioning systems use a single, large unit to cool and heat the entire building or multiple rooms. It typically consists of a main unit, which houses the evaporator, compressor, and condenser, and a system of ductwork that distributes the conditioned air throughout the building.
- Provides uniform temperature control for the entire building.
- Aesthetically pleasing, as the indoor components are hidden in the ceiling or walls.
- It can include air filtration and humidity control for improved indoor air quality.
- Requires ductwork, so more expensive and time-consuming to install.
- Requires more space for installation
Summary Of Air Conditioning Systems
Split air conditioning systems are best suited for single-room cooling, multi-split systems are ideal for cooling multiple rooms with individual temperature control, and central air conditioning systems provide uniform temperature control for larger buildings.
Each system has its Advantages and Disadvantage, so the choice will depend on factors such as the size and shape of the area to be cooled and your budget.
Our engineer will determine the best type of Air conditioning system for your space and budget.
Your space will be measured and analysed so the engineer can plan the best position for the Air Conditioning units.
Following the survey, our engineer will go away and get prices for the materials, and you’ll be sent a free, no-obligation quote.
Feel free to ask our engineer any questions during the survey. Our engineer will also provide work details and an estimated installation timescale.
Air Conditioning Repairs
We have engineers on hand to attend Air Conditioning breakdowns. We understand that a cool, controlled environment isn’t just a luxury. For some people, it’s essential for health reasons, and for some businesses, it’s essential for day-to-day running.
No Call-Out Charges
Our Air Conditioning Repair services include no call-out charges. Our rates are very reasonable too.
We can undertake all types of Air Conditioning Repairs, such as leaks, electrical, drainage and sensor issues.
We have a high success rate with Air Conditioning repairs and will have your system back up and running swiftly.
Air Conditioning Servicing
The best way to ensure your Air Conditioning never breaks down is to be serviced regularly. Servicing allows engineers to detect and rectify issues before they become more expensive problems.
Air Conditioning ducts and vents must be cleared of dirt and dust to ensure correct airflow. Not only does servicing offer protection against breakdown, but it also ensures your system is clean, runs efficiently, and does not waste excess energy.
Following a service, your system is thoroughly tested and adjusted if required, and certification shows a certified engineer has serviced your Air conditioning.
To Book a free no-obligation Air Conditioning Installation survey and quote or to book Servicing or Repair, please get in touch with us using the phone number or form below.
Hi, I’m Terry the founder and owner of TM Hughes & Son Gas Services
Please get in touch using the Phone Numbers or Contact Form below