Boiler Service For Brentwood Residents Only £60
Call – 01277 800075
Keep your Boiler running smooth and efficiently this winter with a Boiler Service.
This essential appliance works harder than any other in your home, providing you and your family with hot water every day, and heating during the cold months.
Our Worcester Bosch Accredited Heating Engineers have serviced many Boilers in Brentwood over the years we offer a thoroughly professional service at a very reasonable price.
Your local TM Hughes & Son Brentwood based Heating Engineer can come to your home at anytime convenient for you.
All our engineers are Gas Safe Registered and will produce their credentials (Gas Safe Card) on arrival.
Rest assured your Boiler Service is undertaken by a certified specialist with years of experience.
10 Reasons To Have An Annual Boiler Service
- An annual service dramatically reduces the chance of Boiler failure, which usually occurs wintertime, the worst time possible. No heating or hot water in freezing conditions is very unpleasant. Heating Engineers are very busy at that time of year. You could wait a while for an engineer to arrive and even then they might not be able to repair your Boiler there and then. Don’t risk it protect yourself.
- An annually serviced Boiler is an efficient Boiler giving you the best possible fuel to heat ratio. Resulting in a warm home and lower energy bills (increased efficiency depends on the make, type and age of your Boiler)
- Most home insurance policies will only cover a Boiler Breakdown if the Boilers been serviced within the last 12 months. An annual service validates your insurance. A service records provided as proof
- The risk of Carbon Monoxide poisoning’s significantly reduced all Boilers are thoroughly checked for signs of carbon monoxide.
- Any problems or potential future problems can be identified and rectified if necessary, during the service. We carry many parts in stock and can carry most repairs out straight away. (Any repairs are done with your permission at an agreed price)
- The service is carried out to a high standard in a tidy manner. All work areas are left as found.
- Our Engineers are friendly, highly experienced and always happy to answer any Plumbing & Heating questions you may have
- Recommendations on how to improve and maintain your central heating system give you further protection from breakdown
- We service most types and makes of Boiler
- Our Boiler Service price is amongst the best in Brentwood
0% Finance is available for Boiler installations and Repairs Click Here for more information
The Boiler Service
The Boiler casing is removed and visually inspected inside and out for signs of corrosion an indication of a leak. On discovery of a leak, we’ll establish where it’s coming from. If possible, replace the seal (worn seals are a common cause of leaks) or faulty pressure valve (another common cause). This shouldn’t be too disruptive, we carry many parts on the van, and we can usually source them locally if required. Corroded cases will be repaired or if it’s really bad replaced.
All pipework in and around the Boiler’s thoroughly checked for leaks we then check that seals are tight and that there’s no corrosion. Any corroded seals and leaky pipes can be replaced. The Water flow pressures checked and adjusted as necessary at this point. We can detect whether there are any blockages in your system. Blockages are troublesome and can keep switching the Boiler off. All safety devices are checked to ensure they’re functioning correctly; these devices protect your Boiler from damage if a failure ever occurs.
Next, we clean all the components inside the Boiler; a clean Boiler always runs smoother and allows us to perform our tests accurately. Gas Burner pressures checked and adjusted if needed. We then use a Gas Meter to conduct a Gas Rate Check. We’ll then determine whether your Boiler’s burning the optimal amount of Gas for each hour of use.
We use a Flue Gas Analyser to measure the rate of oxygen, carbon monoxide and dioxide. The flue’s an essential component of your heating system. The flue expels all exhaust gases and condensation from your Boiler, ensuring you have clean air, an efficient, cost-effective system and are not exposed to deadly carbon monoxide. We’ll ensure the flue’s functioning properly, so you and your family are safe and not wasting money on heating due to inefficiency. Ventilation also checked it needs to be adequate, allowing 10 meters of cubic air for every meter of cubic gas.
The Boiler is then switched on. We check all pipes for leaking gas and water and make sure everything’s running as it should. The case is then cleaned and refitted. Radiators are inspected for heat. Air often prevents radiators from getting hot at the top, so we bleed them if necessary for the right heat output. Sometimes we discover systems are full of ‘sludge’ a build-up of rust and dirt over many years. Sludge prevents radiators from getting hot at the bottom and sometimes the middle as well (in more extreme cases) in this case we might recommend a Powerflush.
We’ll check exterior pipes are correctly insulated. Unlagged pipes are prone to freezing and a common cause of Boiler breakdown. We recommend you insulate all pipes in outdoor areas exposed to the elements. Finally, a service record’s written for your reference use this record to show your Boilers been serviced by a certified Heating Engineer
Boilers We Service In Brentwood
We service all Combi, System and Regular Boilers whatever the fuel type Gas LPG, Oil and Electricity.
If you would like to book a Boiler Service, please contact us using the Phone Number or Contact Form below