Boiler Installation Maldon
New Boilers From £1475
Call – 01621 880075
- Up to 12 Year guarantee on Boiler installations
- Free No-Obligation Quotes
- Boilers installed within 48 hours
- Experienced Gas Safe Registered Engineers
- 0% Boiler Finance Available
TM Hughes & Son, your local boiler installers, an experienced team of Gas Safe registered, Worcester Bosch accredited engineers serving Maldon and the surrounding area.
Get in touch today for a free no-obligation quote. We fit all types and makes of boiler and offer a 10-year guarantee on some installations.
The Right Boiler For You?
There are different types of boilers, sizes and fuel types.
The best boiler for your home depends on the size of your home, existing system, the number of people living at home, the number of bathrooms you have, available space, your hot water usage and heating needs.
Choosing the correct boiler can be a minefield. That’s where we come in.
One of our engineers will conduct a thorough survey to determine the best boiler for your requirements.
Types Of Boiler We Fit In Maldon & Surrounding Areas
There are three different types of boiler system combi and regular. We have fitted every single type in Maldon for the past three decades.
‘Combi boiler’ is short for combination boiler, which these days is the most popular type of boiler, especially for small properties.
The combination boiler doesn’t require a hot water cylinder or tanks in the loft. Such installations are usually faster than when fitting a system or regular boiler (and therefore cheaper).
A combi-boiler heats water as it’s needed, turn on the hot water tap, then the heating element within the boiler heats the water as it moves through — no need for a hot water storage cylinder.
While this is fast, convenient and saves space, a combi does have a disadvantage. There’s no hot water in storage, so if your boiler goes down, you’ll have no hot water until the boilers repaired.
Modern combi boilers are, however, very reliable, so it’s not a major concern.
If you live in a small to mid-sized property with an old regular boiler, upgrading to a combi boiler could consume less energy and free up some space in your home.
System boilers heat water for your taps and radiators. Hot waters stored in a pressurised cylinder which is distributed to your taps and shower when needed.
System boilers are better for homes with more than one bathroom as multiple hot taps can be used simultaneously.
Unlike combi’s, the water’s not heated on demand, so it’s possible to run out of hot water. Proper setting of your system will ensure you always have hot water, though.
In the unlikely event of a boiler breakdown, the pressurised cylinder can be used as an immersion heater, so you still have hot water while you’re waiting for your boiler to be repaired.
It would be best if you had some cupboard space to house the hot water cylinder. While the system boiler takes up more room than a combi boiler, there are no tanks required in the loft (unlike regular boilers).
Enjoy better tap pressure as the system doesn’t use gravity. System boilers are perfect for the midsize homes in Maldon with 3-4 bedrooms.
Regular boilers are best for bigger homes. Lots of hot water’s stored so multiple taps and bathrooms can be served at the same time.
The regular boiler utilises a vented cylinder supplied by water tanks in the loft. Stored waters delivered to the taps and showers by gravity.
Regular systems take the longest to fit as there are more parts involved. We usually fit regular boilers in the larger homes of four bedrooms+ and homes with an existing regular boiler and central heating system.
How To Decide Which Boiler Is Best For Your Home
Out of the different types of boilers available, you need to decide which is the best one for your home and heating/hot water requirements.
Choose the wrong system, and you might not be able to keep up with that hot water demand, or you may waste energy if your boilers over gunned for your situation. You’ll waste energy.
When Choosing A Boiler, Consider
- How many people live in your home
- How many bathrooms you have
- How many bathrooms are occupied at the same time
- How many radiators you have
If there’s just one or two of you, then a combi boiler will certainly be the best option as it’s unlikely you’ll both be using hot water at the same time or that you’ll have excessive hot water demands.
A family of two adults and two children will get on fine with a system boiler providing enough hot water when you need it. Your home must be big enough to incorporate a pressurised cylinder somewhere.
If you have a large family with two or more bathrooms, then a regular boiler might be better. Again you’ll need a cupboard for a cylinder and some loft space for water tanks.
Once the type of boiler’s been established, next up is the best size of boiler for your home.
Size largely depends on the number of radiators you have in your home.
There are three different boiler sizes the smallest will serve up to 10 radiators, the medium-sized boiler up to 15 radiators and the largest boiler over 15 radiators.
Boilers are sized in kilowattage (kW)
- 24 to 27 kW (small)
- 28-34 kW (medium)
- 35 to 42 kW (large)
A new boiler will definitely be more efficient than your old boiler.
As the boiler age ages, energy efficiency declines.
Old boilers can waste up to 45% of all fuel burned.
All Modern boilers fitted, whether they’re regular, system or combi, are condensing boilers (a requirement by law)
In the days of old boilers, excess fuel used to escape out of the flue. Condensing boilers catch the gases and reuse them to heat water.
Condensing boilers are between 90 and 99% efficient.
The actual efficiency of your boiler will depend on the brand, type of boiler and the existing central heating system.
One thing for sure, you’ll certainly save money on your heating bills. The boiler is the busiest appliance in the home, accounting for around 55% of the total energy.
Most boilers fitted in Maldon are gas; however, for houses off the gas grid, oil, LPG or electric boilers are fitted instead.
- Gas is the most common boiler fuel in the UK and Maldon and readily available in most areas.
- Gas is 3-4 times cheaper than electricity and is the cleanest of all fossil fuels.
- Gas is very safe. There is, however, minimal risk of carbon monoxide poisoning and gas leaks.
- Electric boilers use a heating element to heat water on demand. They’re efficient with very little energy wastage.
- Electric boilers are 3 to 4 times more expensive to run than gas boilers
- Electricity is the safest of all boilers, with zero chance of carbon monoxide poisoning
- Oil boilers are popular with the rural homes of Maldon and surrounding areas that are off the gas grid.
- Oil has to be purchased in bulk, delivered and stored in a tank
- Oils not available ‘on tap’ run out of oil, and you’ll have no heating until your next oil delivery
Makes Of Boiler
TM Hughes & Son install most makes of boilers which include
- Saunier Duval
- Worcester Bosch
Do I Need New Pipes & Radiators Etc When Installing A New Boiler?
In most cases, it’s possible to remove your old boiler and put a new one in its place that’ll work with your existing central heating system.
You may want a new central heating system if your systems old, or you might want to upgrade to take advantage of the latest heating technology. It’s entirely up to you.
When installing a new boiler, we can upgrade certain parts of your central heating system. For example, upgrade the controls and radiator valves while leaving the existing radiators, pipes and pump in place.
Advantages Of Using TM Hughes & Son For Boiler Installations
- We’ve been an active company for three decades and have lots of experience having installed lots of boilers in Maldon over the years.
- We are a Worcester Bosch Accredited company with lots of reviews and testimonials from happy customers.
- All TM Hughes engineers are Gas Safe registered.
- If you would like a free survey and no-obligation quote, we’ll send an experienced gas engineer who has undertaken many boiler installations.
- We don’t use high-pressure salesman rest assured you won’t be pressured to decide on the day will give you a quote and leave you to decide if you want to use us.
- We often review our prices to make sure they are amongst the best in the area.
- We offer up to a 10-year guarantee
Get A Free No-Obligation Survey & Quote
A lot goes into choosing a boiler. We offer free no-obligation surveys for the residents of Maldon. A Gas Safe registered boiler installer can visit your home at any time.
A friendly engineer will speak to you and survey your existing system to establish your heating and hot water needs.
The engineer will go through the boiler options and answer any questions or concerns you may have.
Hi, I’m Terry the founder and owner of TM Hughes & Son Gas Services
If you would like to discuss a boiler installation or replacement, or If you would like a free no-obligation survey and quote, please contact us using the contact form or the phone numbers below.