Welcome to TM Hughes & Son Gas Services, your local bathroom designer, installer and refurbisher.
Whether you want a brand new bathroom or your existing bathroom upgraded in places, we can help you.
Our team consists of bathroom designers, gas safe registered plumbers and heating engineers, tilers and electricians. We have many years of experience installing bathrooms in Maldon, so we can build you a stunning bathroom to your specifications and budget.
Bathrooms are planned meticulously and built with high-quality components (bathroom suite, tiles, taps, etc.) that will last many years. Installations are undertaken swiftly to the agreed time frame with a minimal amount of disruption to you and your family.
If you’re thinking about having a new bathroom installed, a bathroom fitter can come to visit your home and measure up your existing bathroom space.
You’re welcome to discuss your ideas and any questions or concerns you may have with our bathroom fitter. Once we have built up a good picture of what you want, our bathroom fitter will show you the many different options available for every part of your new bathroom.
You’ll find our experienced bathroom fitter friendly but professional. After everything’s gone through, a full (and free) no-obligation quote is written for you. You’ll find that our prices are among the best in Maldon when it comes to bathroom installation.
Design And Build Your Bathroom
First of all, we’ll establish what style of bathroom you want, the look and theme of your bathroom.
The wall and floor materials colour and texture and your bathroom suite, fixtures and fittings determine the look and style of your bathroom.
Any style is possible, our designer can show you designs and offer suggestions, or you may have seen a design you like online or in a magazine which we can match if you want.
Here are some examples of bathroom Styles and how we achieve them (please note there are many different ways to make a particular style. This is just one example for each)
- Beach House – White wood panelling with blue tiles create the ‘by the seaside’ look
- Contemporary – Modern and minimal with clean colours, modern suites, taps radiators etc
- Country – Lightly coloured wood panelling on walls (and even the floor) with traditional suites, taps and mixer shower
- Industrial – Dark and moody theme with exposed pipes, wall mounted taps, metal bath and exposed brick in places
- Modern – Any colour you like will work with modern suites, square taps and fittings with modern lighting
- Medeterainian – Recreating the look of the Spanish villa with med style tiles and wood
- Rustic – Rustic bathrooms utilise lots of wood and will work with both modern and traditional suites
- Scandanavian – Clean and uncluttered with light colours on the walls and floor and a rounded bathroom suite
- Shabby Chic – Purposely distressed materials are combined with vintage style baths and furniture
- Victorian – Old style pillar taps, high cistern toilets and freestanding baths combined with black and white tiles
These are not the only styles of bathroom we create. These are just a few. Any style is possible.
The bathroom floor has a significant effect on the look and feel of your bathroom. The floor needs to be watertight (preventing spillages from leaking through) and be non-slippery when wet. The flooring will depend on the style of your bathroom and any safety considerations you may have. For example, do children or older adults use your bathroom?
- Concrete – Concrete has become popular in recent years for modern style bathrooms. It must be treated when installed and again every couple of years to keep it water-resistant
- Floor Tiles – Porcelain tiles are used for bathroom floors solid and less likely to crack or chip than ceramic tiles
- Rubber – Soft and non-slip if safety’s a concern, then rubber can be used. It’s totally waterproof as well
- Vinyl – Available in many colours and designs, easy to fit, and waterproof available on a roll or in tiles
- Wood – Some bathroom styles require a wood floor engineered wood can be used, but you must be careful not to get it too wet, not a good option if you have children
Bathroom walls need to complement your floor, suite and must be waterproof in places. Walls can be covered the same throughout, or different materials can be used in various areas to create a specific look.
- Panels – Wall panels are easy to fit and 100-per cent waterproof, available in different materials, colours and designs
- Paint – Walls can be coated with bathroom paint that’s moisture resistant and allows water to be wiped away.
- Wall Tiles – Most bathrooms feature wall tiles, either fully tiled or partially tiled. Many different colours, designs, shapes and textures are available
- Wood – Treated wood can be fitted on the walls in places but can’t be used directly in bath and shower areas
Once your bathroom floors and walls are in order, you need a bathroom suite that comprises the bath basin and the toilet.
Traditional suites have rounded edges and decorative features. Modern Suites are more square with sharper edges. The best suite for you will depend on the design of the bathroom you’ve chosen.
For example, a contemporary bathroom is fitted with a modern suite, while a country farmhouse style bathroom would be equipped with a traditional suite. There are lots of different suites available in many different designs for any style of bathroom.
Most baths are made from hard-wearing acrylic, steel, stone, copper and nickel baths are available, although they’re more expensive. Bath lengths range from 1500 to 1800 mm.
There are several types of bath these include
- Corner – Not as long but wider to fit precisely into corners
- Freestanding – A classic design with feet, works with most bathroom styles
- Shower Baths – Shower baths are for use with a shower and screen
- Standard – A standard fitted bath with a panel to hide the feet and plumbing
- Walk-In – Featuring a side door for people with poor mobility
Basins in different shapes and types range from 350 to 900 mm in length. Examples of basin include
- Corner – Made to fit into corners, a regular feature in small bathrooms limited with space
- Counter Top – These basins sit on top of a solid surface. Tap’s sit independent of the basin
- Inset – Sits within the worktop into a precisely cut hole
- Pedestal – The traditional style basin held up by a pedestal
- Semi-Pedestal – A modern style design that looks half wall hung, half pedestal
- Stand Mounted – Sits directly on top of a stand, usually metal, sometimes wood
- Under The Counter – Fits under the counter, a basin-shaped hole’s cut into the worktop
- Wall Mounted – Fixed directly to the wall with no additional support
Toilets are available in a range of traditional or modern designs. Most designs nowadays have dual flush water saving systems installed.
- Back To The Wall – Sits against a wall the cistern and pipes are hidden from view
- Close-Coupled – The cisterns on view sitting on top of the toilet bowl
- Corner – The space-saving toilet fits snuggly into corners
- Comfort Height – Sits higher off the floor, designed for taller people
- High Cistern – The cistern sits near the ceiling a classic and powerful flush design
- Rimless – For improved hygiene, there’s no rim
- Wall Hung – Fixed to a frame that sit’s within the wall
You’ll likely have a shower fitted in your bathroom, in an enclosure or over the bath. Our plumbers can install any type of shower. These include
- Mixer – The mixer shower mixers cold water through mains supply with hot water from your cylinder to obtain your side temperature
- Electric – Electric showers instantly heat cold water straight from the mains supply
- Digital – Digital showers Have all the mods and features that can be controlled by remote control
- Eco – Environmentally friendly shower use less water the most hours
- Power – The most powerful shower spray assisted by a pump
- Thermostatic – The safest will showers that always maintain their temperature
The Finishing Touches To Your Bathroom Installation
We have just gone through the nuts and bolts of brand new bathroom installation. Other considerations include heating, lighting and storage.
Different types of radiators are available in many different designs and finishes and can be matched to your bathroom style.
Alternatively, we install electric and wet system underfloor heating so you can enjoy heat underfoot. Combine underfloor heating with a ladder towel radiator. The floors warm, and you have somewhere to hang your towels, so they’re nice and warm when you get out of the bath or shower.
Different types of lighting are on offer for bathroom installations. Pick a model which will complement the overall design of your bathroom. Our bathroom fitter will go through all the options with you.
Finally, your bathroom can be fitted with vanity units, cupboards and shelves to provide storage for your tiles and other bathroom accessories.
To discuss bathroom design & installation further or to book a free no-obligation quote, please use the contact form or the phone numbers below.
Hi, I’m Terry the founder and owner of TM Hughes & Son Gas Services
Please get in touch using the Phone Numbers or Contact Form below
Call – 01621 880075
Get A Price Now
Call Us – 01621 880075
Email Us or Request A Call-Back
For Boiler Installations & Repair