Waste Disposal Units South Woodham Ferrers
Installation & Repairs
Call – 01245 830075
Welcome to TM Hughes & Son. We install and repair Waste Disposal Units in South Woodham Ferrers.
- Waste Disposal Unit Installation & Repairs
- Free no-obligation quotes
- Experienced Plumbers with full insurance
- No call-out charges for repairs
Waste Disposal Unit Installation
Waste Disposal Unit Installation is a swift and tidy process when undertaken by one of our experienced Plumbers.
The first step is contacting us for a free, no-obligation quote.
Here’s how we would install your New Waste Disposal Unit.
- Disconnect the Plumbing and Remove the Old Unit: Our plumber will first disconnect an existing waste disposal unit. This involves turning off the power, detaching the drain arm from the disposal unit, and unscrewing the unit from the sink flange.
- Prepare the New Disposal: The plumber will then prepare the new waste disposal unit for installation. This typically involves attaching the power cable and mounting ring.
- Install the Sink Flange and Mounting Ring: The plumber will apply plumber’s putty around the sink flange, place it into the drain hole, and then attach the mounting ring underneath the sink.
- Attach the Waste Disposal: The plumber will lift the waste disposal to the mounting ring and turn it until it locks into place.
- Connect the Drain: The plumber will then connect the drain pipe or dishwasher drain.
- Test the Disposal: Finally, the plumber will test the disposal to ensure it works correctly. This includes checking for leaks and ensuring the disposal grinds properly.
Once installed, your Waste Disposal Unit will provide years of trouble-free service and multiple benefits, which include:
- Reduces household waste
- Complements composting efforts
- Simplifies post-meal cleanup
- Prevents plumbing issues
- Benefits wastewater treatment
- Saves kitchen space
- Supports modern kitchen design
- Enhances property value
- Improves kitchen hygiene
- Reduces greenhouse gas emissions
Waste Disposal Unit Repairs
We offer Repairs for those who already have waste disposal units. Typical repairs include
Jamming occurs when something gets lodged in the disposal, preventing the motor from spinning. A plumber or trained professional may need to manually turn the blades to dislodge the item.
Jamming occurs at several points, such as the sink flange, dishwasher hose, or drain pipe. It usually requires replacing the seal or tightening the connections.
Impeller Wear and Tear
The blades, or impellers, can become dull over time, reducing waste disposal efficiency. They may need to be replaced.
Faulty Electrical Connection
If the disposal isn’t turning on, there may be an issue with the electrical connection. This could involve replacing the switch or the entire unit.
Drain Pipe Blockage
If the disposal seems to be working, but water is backing up, there might be a clog in the drain pipe. This might require pipe cleaning or unclogging.
If the disposal makes a lot of noise, something might be stuck in it, or there could be a problem with the motor. This could require a range of repairs, depending on the cause.
Sometimes, especially with older units, the cost-effective solution may be to replace the entire garbage disposal unit rather than attempting to repair it.
Hi, I’m Terry the founder and owner of TM Hughes & Son Gas Services
Please get in touch using the Phone Numbers or Contact Form below