Gas Cooker Installation South Woodham Ferrers
Call – 01245 830075
Gas Cooker Installation & Disconnection South Woodham Ferrers undertaken by TM Hughes & Son.
We are an established Plumbing & Heating company based in the local area. We will happily install your new cooker.
Using one of our Gas Safe registered engineers ensures your new cooker is fitted safely and legally to the cooker manufacturer’s guidelines. Correct fitting by a qualified engineer also ensures the cooker warranty is valid.
All cookers are fitted following a stringent procedure, which looks like this…
- An engineer with Gas Safe ID will arrive at your property at your pre-booked time and date.
- Our engineer will switch off the gas and disconnect your old gas cooker or hob (if one is present)
- The engineer will check the gas line and connection to check if it’s safe and suitable for your new cooker. If necessary, a new connection will be fitted to the gas line.
- The engineer will check that the ‘Hot Zone’ is free from obstructions (see below)
- Your new cooker is connected to the gas supply and put into position. The gas supply is reinstated and checked to ensure no leaking gas.
- The engineer will switch on the cooker and ensure it’s working correctly.
- The engineer writes you a gas appliance installation certificate, tidies up and leaves.
The process is quick and straightforward. Our engineers are highly experienced and have fitted many gas appliances in South Woodham kitchens over the 30+ years we have been operating.
We ensure our cooker installation and disconnection prices are amongst the best in the area.
All Types Of Gas Cookers Fitted
We fit all types of gas cookers which includes
- Gas Cookers
- LPG Gas Cookers
- Gas Range Cookers
- Built-In Gas Ovens
- Dual Fuel Cookers
- Gas Hobs
- Built-In Gas Hobs
All gas cookers fitted must be done to stringent regulations. First of all, the new cooker must be fitted within 1.5 meters of the gas line. Also, the Hot zone must be clear.
The Hot Zone is 750mm above the hob/cooker and 50mm on each side of the hob/cooker. This area must be clear of flammable materials, which include.
- Kitchen Units
- Sockets & Switches
- Smoke Alarms
- Water Heaters
- Wall Paper
And anything else that’s combustible. Please check the ‘Hot Zone’ and that your space is suitable for fitting a new gas cooker.
If you’re not sure, give us a call, and we’ll advise over the phone. If your space doesn’t meet the requirements, we’ll let you know the necessary adjustments so we can install your new cooker.
Hi, I’m Terry the founder and owner of TM Hughes & Son Gas Services
Please get in touch using the Phone Numbers or Contact Form below