Welcome to TM Hughes & Son Gas Services Ltd. We install, service and repair Underfloor Heating systems in Grays and the surrounding areas.
Underfloor Heating Installation
Discover the luxury of warm floors with our Underfloor Heating Installation services undertaken by our seasoned team.
No Home or space is too big or too small—from cosy one-bedroom flats to large three-storey homes, we customise underfloor heating solutions to suit every space.
Whether you desire underfloor warmth across your entire home, a single floor, or just one room, we’ll ensure a seamless fit.
Underfloor heating is becoming increasingly popular among homeowners in Grays, and for good reason. Here are some of the top benefits of having underfloor heating installed:
Efficient Heat Distribution
Unlike traditional radiators that heat from the top down, underfloor heating offers even distribution of heat from the ground up, ensuring no cold spots in the room.
Due to its uniform heat distribution, underfloor heating allows homeowners to set their thermostats at a lower temperature while still feeling comfortable, reducing energy bills.
Without bulky radiators, rooms have a cleaner, larger appearance. This offers more flexibility in room design and furniture placement.
Safety And Comfort
The system reduces the risks associated with hot radiator surfaces, especially in homes with young children. The warmth underfoot, especially on cold mornings, adds a touch of luxury and comfort.
Better Air Quality
Radiators can circulate dust around a room, whereas underfloor heating reduces the movement of dust and allergens, which benefits those with respiratory issues or allergies.
Without radiators, you gain more usable wall space, which is particularly beneficial in smaller rooms.
Once installed, underfloor heating requires little maintenance compared to other heating systems.
Underfloor Heating can be installed under various types of flooring, including tile, wood, and carpet, making it versatile for different home styles and preferences.
Increases Property Value
A modern underfloor heating system can add value to your property, making it more attractive to potential buyers who seek energy-efficient and luxury features.
Unlike some heating systems that can be noisy, underfloor heating operates silently.
Cost-Effective In The Long Run
Though the initial installation cost might be higher than traditional systems, the savings on energy bills and low maintenance costs ensure cost-effectiveness in the long run.
Reduces Moisture And Dampness
Especially beneficial in bathrooms, underfloor heating can reduce moisture, preventing mould growth and providing a drier, healthier environment.
Wet & Electric Underfloor Heating
We install both Wet and Electric Underfloor Heating. Here are the key differences between the two:
- Wet: This system uses a series of pipes laid beneath the floor through which warm water circulates, heating the floor above.
- Electric: This system uses electrical cables or mats laid beneath the floor. When electricity passes through, these cables heat up, warming the floor above.
- Wet: Typically, installing a wet system is more involved and expensive initially. It requires the installation of pipes, a boiler (which most homes already have), and a manifold to manage the water flow.
- Electric: Easier and typically less expensive to install than wet systems. It’s often the choice for retrofitting in existing homes or individual room installations.
Efficiency & Running Costs
- Wet: Generally more efficient for whole-house heating. Over the long run, it is more cost-effective in terms of running costs.
- Electric: Tends to have higher running costs compared to a wet system. However, for single rooms or smaller spaces, it can be cost-effective.
- Wet: Requires occasional maintenance to ensure the system is free from air bubbles and potential leaks. The boiler will also require annual servicing.
- Electric: Requires very minimal maintenance once installed. Fewer moving parts, and no water is involved, reducing the risk of leaks.
Floor Build-Up And Depth
- Wet: Usually requires a deeper floor build-up to accommodate the pipework, which might only be suitable for some retrofit scenarios with additional floor-raising work.
- Electric: Typically has a thinner profile because it only involves thin cables or mats. This is beneficial where floor height is a concern.
- Wet: It can take longer to heat up and cool down due to the need to warm and circulate the water.
- Electric: Typically has a quicker response time as the electric cables can heat up and cool down relatively rapidly.
- Wet: Often preferred for larger areas or whole-house heating. It’s especially suitable if the house already uses a wet central heating system.
- Electric: Ideal for smaller spaces, individual rooms, or where quick installation with minimal disruption is required.
The choice between wet and electric underfloor heating depends on the project’s specific requirements, budget, and structural considerations.
Both systems have their advantages and are suited to different scenarios. A free, no-obligation survey and quote undertaken by one of our engineers will determine the best type of system for your home and budget.
Underfloor Heating Servicing
Experience peace of mind with our Underfloor Heating servicing.
An engineer will inspect your manifold, ensuring every connection is snug and leak-free. All other components are also covered, From tightening seals and washers to inspecting and testing the moving parts like pumps and valves.
Are you noticing diminished warmth from an ageing system? Our Underfloor Powerflushing service can rejuvenate its efficiency.
With a blend of chemicals and water, we’ll cleanse your Underfloor Pipes, expelling any accumulated limescale and debris. Once done, your Underfloor Heating will run at its peak performance, providing your home with consistent, comforting warmth.
Underfloor Heating Repairs
Over time, Underfloor Heating systems can succumb to wear and tear, leading to heating inefficiencies and even breakdown.
A common issue is the failure of pumps or motorised valves. Our skilled engineers are equipped to swiftly replace them, ensuring your home’s heating is swiftly restored.
Erratic temperatures? The culprit could be an aged thermostat, a component we can replace, ensuring seamless temperature regulation.
Notice an unexpected chill beneath your feet? Cold spots often signal trapped air in the system, an issue our engineers can rectify by removing air from the system.
Do you have an underfloor leak? Our thermal imaging equipment pinpoints any leaks beneath the surface, which can be accessed and repaired.
Please get in touch using the phone number or contact form below for a free, no-obligation quote.
Hi, I’m Terry the founder and owner of TM Hughes & Son Gas Services
Please get in touch using the Phone Numbers or Contact Form below