Tap Installation & Repairs Romford
Call – 01708 545076
Welcome to TM Hughes & Son. We install and repair Taps in Romford. All installations and repairs are undertaken by experienced and insured Plumbers who also provide free, no-obligation quotes.
Tap Installations & Repairs
One of our skilled Plumbers can install and repair all tap types.
We install various tap types and styles (listed below) to suit any bathroom or kitchen.
Repairs might include addressing leaks, replacing worn-out washers or cartridges, fixing faulty valves, or addressing lime-scale build-up, which is common in the hard water area of Romford.
Tap types we install and repair include:
- Pillar Taps: These are traditional taps where the hot and cold water flow from two separate taps.
- Mixer Taps: These combine hot and cold water from two inlets into a single spout, allowing the user to adjust the temperature and flow from a single handle or two separate handles.
- Monobloc Taps: A mixer tap designed for basins with a single hole. A single lever or dual handles usually control the temperature.
- Bib Taps: These are wall-mounted taps, typically used outdoors.
- Deck Mounted Taps: These are mounted directly onto the surface of the bathtub or basin.
- Wall Mounted Taps: As the name suggests, these taps are mounted on the wall above the basin or bathtub.
- Thermostatic Taps: They automatically adjust the amount of hot and cold water to maintain a set temperature to prevent scalding.
- Self-closing Taps: These are typically found in public bathrooms. They automatically shut off after a set time to save water.
- Bath Shower Mixer Taps: These bath taps come with a shower hose attachment, allowing for regular bath tap functionality and a shower option.
- Quarter Turn Taps: These taps only need a quarter turn to be turned on or off, making them quick and easy to use.
Taps are available in many styles to cater to diverse interior bathroom designs. Here are some Tap styles we commonly fit:
- Traditional/Victorian: Characterised by ornate details, crosshead handles, and often with ceramic indicators for hot and cold.
- Edwardian: These have a more understated elegance compared to Victorian taps. They might feature white lever handles and are often made of chrome or brass.
- Modern/Contemporary: Sleek, minimalistic designs, often with a polished chrome finish. The handles are usually ergonomic and can be in the form of levers or mixers.
- Industrial: Characterised by exposed pipework, metal finishes, and a robust look, evoking the feel of old factories and industrial spaces.
- Scandinavian: Simplicity is key with Scandinavian designs. These taps might have clean lines, neutral colours, and a blend of functionality and aesthetics.
- Art Deco: Bold geometric shapes, symmetrical designs, and sometimes a combination of chrome with black or white.
- Rustic/Country: Often made from materials like aged brass or bronze, these taps have a more handcrafted look, fitting for cottages or homes with a rustic charm.
- Minimalist: As the name suggests, these taps have very simple designs, often with hidden mechanisms and a clean look.
- High-tech: Beyond design, these taps incorporate advanced technology, like touchless operation or LED temperature indicators.