Gas Fire Servicing Brentwood & Surrounding Areas
Call – 01277 800075
*Please note we only service Gas Fires. We don’t install them
We offer Gas Fire Servicing to the residents of Brentwood. To run efficiently and safely, Gas Fires should be serviced every twelve months.
Why Choose TM Hughes & Son?
- Undertaken by Gas Safe Registered Engineers
- 30 years experience
- Trusted local heating services company
- Fair, affordable price
- All fire types and flues serviced
- Strict service procedure
What Does A Service Involve?
- The first step is to contact us and book your Gas Fire Service. One of our Gas engineers will arrive at your property at the agreed time and date.
- First of all, the work areas covered to protect your flooring and furniture from dirt.
- Before we start on the service, the gas supply is switched off.
- The front of the fires taken off, and the fire assemblies cleaned and essential functioning parts which include the include burner unit, pipes, catalysts, inline restrictor and pilot assembly.
- The fires reassembled, and the gas supply is switched on. Before we go any further, we check for gas leaks.
- The pressures tested to ensure your fires burning gas correctly. We then test the flue/chimney to make sure excess gas’s removed correctly.
- Safety devices are tested.
- The engineer tidy up and writes a service record
After the service, you can rest assured your fires running at high efficiency is safe and doesn’t pose a carbon monoxide risk. The service allows us to test the burn rate and exhaust (flue/chimney). Carbon Monoxide poisoning becomes a possibility when gas isn’t burned correctly or exhaust gasses are not expelled properly. Issues the service identifies can then be rectified.
(Always ensure there’s a working Carbon Monoxide alarm near your gas fire, better safe than sorry)
An annual service minimises the chance of breakdown. Clean parts are much less likely to fail than dirty, neglected parts. Many homes have warranties, and home emergency cover for valid, annual service on gas appliances is usually a condition. By having a service, you validate your warranties and insurance.
If you let a property in Brentwood, you’re likely aware of the compulsory Gas Safety Checks, which confirm your appliances are safe, and you’re property’s suitable for letting. While a Gas Fire Service is not a compulsory requirement for rented properties, it is good practice. Prevent any future headaches in the form of breakdown repairs, invalid insurance and warranties.
What Types Of Fires Do You Service?
We can service all types of fire of any make. These include Standard Open Fronted, High-Efficiency and Outset Gas Fires and all chimneys and flues, including Brick Chimney/Class One Flues and Pre-Fabricated/ Pre-Cast Flues.
If you would like to book a Gas Fire Service, please contact us using the phone numbers or contact form below.