Boiler Service & Repair Canvey Island
Call – 01268 351075
We Service & Repair All Types & Makes Of Boilers Including
0% Boiler Finance Available Click Here For More Information
Welcome to TM Hughes & Son Gas Services Ltd. We Service & Repair Boilers in Canvey Island.
Whether you want to maintain your Boiler with servicing or need an urgent repair on a broken Boiler, we can help you.
Our Boiler Servicing & Repairs include
- No call out charges
- Fair prices
- All types and makes of Boiler serviced & repaired
- Gas Safe Registered Engineers
- Full insurance
Boilers should be serviced once a year by a Gas Safe Registered engineer.
Annual servicing ensures
- Efficient, cost-effective running
- Boiler Safety
- Validation of Boiler warranties and home breakdown cover
How Boiler Servicing Works
Here’s a typical Boiler servicing procedure
- The first step is to book a timeslot for a Boiler service. You can do this by phoning or emailing us.
- Our engineer will turn up on time and present their Gas Safe ID (a good engineer always shows a Gas Safe ID to verify they are qualified and can legally work on a gas system. Never use a Gas Engineer who cannot/will not produce Gas safe ID)
- The Boiler case is removed and inspected before being cleaned inside and out. A new case may be required if your case has suffered corrosion, although corrosion indicates a leak and fault within the Boiler, which our engineer will investigate.
- All Boiler seals and pipework are checked for tightness and ensure no leaking is present.
- The pressure’s checked to ensure water’s flowing at the correct rate. If pressure cannot be maintained and keeps dropping, a blockage or leak is likely present (our engineer will look closer if this is the case)
- Cleaning commences on all internal parts of the Boiler. The clean will help your Boiler run better and allow our engineer to test the Boiler more accurately.
- The gas burner pressure is tested and adjusted if it’s running too low or high. This ensures your Boiler burns the correct amount of gas.
- The safety devices within the Boiler are tested to ensure they are in complete working order.
- While the Boilers are running, a flue gas analyser is placed inside the flue to monitor oxygen, carbon dioxide, and carbon monoxide levels. This test indicates the safety and efficiency of your Boiler.
- The flue is visually inspected to ensure it’s been fitted correctly, removing all exhaust gasses while retaining heat.
- Proper Ventilation is essential to keep carbon monoxide at bay. The engineer ensures there’s adequate Ventilation around the Boiler which should be ten cubic meters of air to every one cubic meter of gas.
- The engineer will check that no gas leaks from the Boiler or gas pipework.
- The condensate pipe is checked for correct fitting and insulation. If insulation is absent, our engineer will recommend some to prevent freezing in winter (which stops the Boiler from working)
- After the service, the case is refitted, and the Boiler’s switched on.
- The engineer will ensure the Boilers are running correctly and your radiators are heating. Bleeding of radiators may be required.
- The engineer tidies up and writes a service record. Please ensure you keep the service record in case you ever have to send a copy to the Boiler manufacturer (guarantee) or your home breakdown insurers.
Following the Boiler Service, you can rest assured your Boiler’s set up correctly and running safely at best possible efficiency.
If your Boiler has broken down or isn’t running correctly, switch it off immediately. Running a malfunctioning Boiler can end up causing more severe and expensive damage.
Contact Us If You’re Experiencing any Of The Following Boiler Issues
Boiler won’t switch on – Could be several reasons we will run tests to determine the cause and solution.
Leaking from within the Boiler or pipework running to Boiler – Boilers can still run with leaks. Still, leaking can cause damage to the internal components and electrics of the Boiler and the area outside the Boiler.
A loud whistling boiling kettle noise coming from the Boiler – Limescale is lodged in the heat exchanger left alone this could cause significant damage.
Boiler keeps switching off – Could be failing pressure, leaking, faulty thermocouple, a blockage or issue with the gas supply itself.
The pilot light keeps blowing out – Most likely a faulty thermocouple. Sometimes it’s down to the gas supply.
Failing pressure – A leak or a blockage is the likely cause.
Radiators won’t heat – If the Boiler’s running and the radiators won’t heat bleed them if there is still no heat, you likely have a valve problem or extremely dirty system.
The condensate pipe is frozen – The pipe needs defrosting and insulating so it won’t freeze again.
Loud, unusual noises – Could be several issues. Loud noises in Boilers always need investigating, don’t ignore them.
Give us a call and speak to one of our engineers, who will give instructions on what to do over the phone until an engineer can get to you. Some Boiler faults only need a simple tweak and may not even require a visit from an engineer.
Sometimes Boiler faults require the shutting off of the water. Please ensure you know where your mains stopcock is located, and it’s functioning correctly.
Our engineer will arrange a time to come over and look at your Boiler. We aim to attend Boiler repairs within a couple of hours of your call.
Most faults are fixed on the same day. However, we may need to order parts, many of which can be ordered the same day, so you don’t have to wait long for your heating and hot water to return. Otherwise, we’ll get the parts delivered as swiftly as possible.
Hi, I’m Terry the founder and owner of TM Hughes & Son Gas Services
Please get in touch using the Phone Numbers or Contact Form below