Boiler Service & Repair Witham
Call – 01376 230156
Welcome to TM Hughes & Son Gas Services Ltd. We Service & Repair Boilers in Witham and the surrounding areas.
We Service & Repair
- Combination, System & Regular Boilers
- Gas, Electric, Oil & LPG Boilers
- All Makes Of Boiler
Our Boiler Maintenance & Repair Services Include
- Gas Safe Registered Engineers
- Fair Prices
- Full Insurance
- 24/7 Availability
- No Call-Out Charges
- 30+ years experience
Makes Of Boiler We Service & Repair
We can fix any make of Boiler, which includes
- Worcester Bosch
- Saunier Duval
- And More
Boilers should be serviced annually. Regular servicing undertaken by a TM Hughes & Son engineer offers many benefits, which include…
- Lots of timeslots are available throughout each day, six days per week, so you can book a Boiler service at a time and date that is convenient for you.
- Our Gas Safe Registered engineers are punctual, will arrive at the agreed time, and present their Gas Safe ID on arrival, so you know your Boiler is legally serviced by a professional.
- Servicing is undertaken using the correct procedures as outlined by your Boiler manufacturer and covers all the important working parts of the Boiler.
- The service is undertaken in a quiet, clean and tidy manner with little disruption to your home life.
- Following the service, your Boiler will run at optimal energy efficency, saving you money on your fuel bills. How much depends on your Boiler make, age, type and condition.
- Annual service protects you from Boiler issues and Boiler breakdowns.
- Vulnerable pipes prone to freezing are identified and insulated if required. Frozen pipes are a prime cause of Boiler breakdowns.
- Underlying faults are uncovered during the Boiler service, so you can plan for repairs if necessary.
- Servicing verifies your Boiler is safe and does not pose a carbon monoxide risk.
- An annual service includes a service record which ensures your Boiler breakdown insurance remains valid.
The Boiler Service Procedure
Here’s an example of the procedures we use for Servicing Boilers
- The Boiler case is inspected externally for signs of corrosion. The case is then removed and inspected internally before being cleaned.
- All seals and pipework are checked to ensure they are tight and not leaking water.
- The pressure is checked and adjusted if too high or low.
- The internal components of the Boiler are cleaned so your Boiler will run better and we can perform accurate testing.
- The gas burner is cleaned, and the pressure is checked and adjusted if necessary.
- The gas flow rate is tested with a gas meter to ensure the correct amount of gas is burned.
- A testing device known as a flue gas analyser is placed inside the flue to check the rate of carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide and oxygen to establish efficiency and safety.
- The flue’s checked to ensure it retains heat and is not damaged or leaking exhaust gasses.
- The ventilation’s tested to ensure ten meters of cubic air are available for every cubic meter of gas burned.
- The safety and relief valves are tested to ensure they are in good working order and will prevent Boiler damage in the event of a fault.
- The Boiler and pipework are tested to ensure there’s no leaking gas present.
- The case is refitted, and the Boiler’s switched on.
- The engineer will check your radiators (which are bled if necessary) and hot water to verify the Boiler’s working correctly.
- A service record is written and given to you.
- The engineer tidies up and leaves.
If your Boiler has broken down or it’s not working properly, please get in touch and speak to one of our engineers.
We always aim to attend Boiler Repairs within two hours. However, never ignore a fault as, at best, it will likely develop into a more severe problem and could cause your Boiler significant damage. At worst, the fault could be a danger to you and your family.
We have lots of experience repairing Boilers and, on most occasions, execute successful repairs on the first visit.
Our prices are very reasonable and include no-call out charges.
If your Boiler won’t switch on at all or has stopped abruptly and won’t start again, it’s time for a qualified engineer to take a look.
Never attempt to repair a Boiler yourself. It’s a job for a qualified professional with Gas Safe Registration.
Call us also if your Boiler isn’t running properly. We may be able to offer a solution over the phone (for minor issues) otherwise you can book a time and date for us to visit.
Typical Boiler Faults Include
- Low pressure – May need adjusting, or could be a leak or blockage present
- Dropping pressure – A leak or blockage is present if you have tried repressurising and the pressure keeps dropping.
- Leaking – Never ignore leaks. They will eventually damage your Boiler
- The pilot light keeps blowing out – The thermocouple (a safety device needs replacing)
- Whistling Noises – Probably a limescale blockage in the heat exchanger, an urgent issue that needs attention.
- Boiler won’t switch on – Could be several issues. Give us a call we will inspect your Boiler and provide a solution.
Whatever the issue with your Boiler, we will quickly identify the cause and undertake a repair. We carry typical Boiler parts for swift repairs. The parts we don’t we can obtain locally, usually on the same day.
Hi, I’m Terry the founder and owner of TM Hughes & Son Gas Services
Please get in touch using the Phone Numbers or Contact Form below