TM Hughes & Son are family-run Bathroom Installers operating in Rayleigh with over three decades of experience.
Our team includes bathroom designers and installers, tilers, electricians, plumbers and gas safe registered heating engineers.
All work together to build high standard bathrooms to your specifications and budget. Once installed, your Bathroom will provide many years of trouble-free service.
We can source all materials required at the best prices—everything, bathroom suites, flooring, tiles, taps etc.
Bathroom installations are carefully planned from start to finish, so we install bathrooms with little disruption and within the proposed timeframe.
To start the process, book a free survey and no-obligation quote. Our bathroom fitter will then visit you at a convenient time.
We can build a bathroom to your exact specifications (if you already have in mind what you want), you can go through the materials with the fitter, or we can build a bathroom based on a particular ‘style’.
Bathroom styles are achieved by selecting suites, flooring, wall coverings, fixtures, fittings etc., of certain colours and designs to create a specific look.
Styles vary from traditional to modern to ultra-modern and edgy.
- Traditional bathroom styles include Rustic, Farmhouse and Victorian
- Modern styles include Contemporary, Scandanavian and Minimal
- Ultra Modern/Edgy designs include Industrial, Gothic and Shabby Chic
Bathroom Designs are endless. No two bathrooms are ever the same with the number of different materials on the UK market.
There are hundreds of different bathroom suites available and thousands of tiles with various colours and textures. All of which allows us to build a unique bathroom to your specific tastes.
Once the bathroom fitter has established what you want, the bathroom fitter will find the materials at the best prices and write you a free no-obligation quote.
Designing Your Bathroom
When designing your Bathroom, our installer will go through every component, which includes…
The Bathroom Suite
Bathroom suites consist of a bath, basin and toilet. Most suites are traditional looking with rounded edges and prominent features or modern-looking fewer features and squarer.
The suite you choose will depend on the particular style of Bathroom you want to achieve.
Bathroom suites come in multiple sizes so that we can pick the proper size bath, toilet and basin for your exact space.
Most baths are made from acrylic or steel both are very durable and will last a long time.
Other baths are made from copper, cast iron and even stone. These baths are used to create more daring looks and are usually more expensive.
Bath sizes range from 150-180 cm in various widths from 65-85cm. They’re available in the following shapes.
- Standard – Standard traditional shape baths, with a panel.
- Deep – Standard shape baths but deeper.
- Freestanding – A traditional freestanding bath, no panels.
- Shower – ‘L’ shaped, providing extra room for a shower.
- Corner – Shaped to fit into corners.
- Walk-In – Baths with doors ideal for the elderly or those with disabilities.
Basins are available in varying widths from 30-90cm and 45-60cm depths in varying shapes and types to fit all spaces.
- Pedestal – Traditional style basins supported by a pedestal.
- Counter – Fits on a counter like a worktop or a vanity unit.
- Inset – sits within a chest of drawers, vanity unit or worktop.
- Stand – Supported by a stand which sometimes includes shelving below.
- Wall Mounted – Mounted directly to the wall with nothing underneath.
- Corner – Shaped to fit into a corner.
Toilets range vary in height from 35-90cm, so we can perfectly match your height. Toilets vary in width also from 35-55cm.
Toilets are fitted with modern water-saving flush mechanisms that keep water wastage to a minimum.
Toilet types include
- Close-Coupled – Standard toilets with the cistern attached to the toilet
- Traditional – Toilets with high cisterns and excellent flushing power
- Back To The Wall – The cistern is hidden inside the wall
- Wall Hung – Fitted to a hidden support frame within the wall
- Corner – Shaped to fit into corners
Most bathrooms fitted include showers. A shower is fitted over the bath or in an enclosure or cubicle.
Shower types include
- Mixer: Your bath includes a mixer tap that mixes hot and cold water to attain the right temperature.
- Thermostatic Mixer: Thermostatic taps maintain the preset temperature constant, far superior and safer to the traditional mixer.
- Electric: Connected to the cold water supply, heats water instantly to the set temperature.
- Power: Shower water is boosted by a pump for the ultimate pressure.
- Digital: A shower unit that includes a digital thermostat and digital controls.
- Eco – Uses up to 50% less water than conventional showers, a good option for those on a water meter.
Bathroom Flooring needs to be waterproof, heat and moisture resistant.
Bathroom Flooring can be slippery when wet, so the users are considered when selecting materials.
Softer non-slip materials are better for households with children or older adults.
Bathroom Flooring Includes
- Tiles – Floor tiles are mainly Porcelain, the toughest and most challenging to crack of all ceramics.
- Vinyl – 100% waterproof and simple to lay available in tiles or on a roll.
- Stone – Treated concrete is highly durable and works well with many modern bathroom designs.
- Rubber – Excellent material for bathrooms used by children and older people. Non-slip and soft, available on a roll or as tiles.
- Engineered Wood – It is not the best material for bathroom floors, but if you’re careful with excess water, it works well with some bathroom designs.
As with bathroom flooring, the walls need to be waterproof, heat and moisture resistant.
Bathroom wall materials include
- Tiles – Standard ceramic or glass tiles are used in most bathrooms, durable and easy to clean. They also work with all designs of Bathroom.
- Panels – Waterproof panels work exceptionally well around the bath and shower areas, are quicker to fit than tiles and available in different grades and lots of designs.
- Wood – Treated woodworks with many styles of bathrooms, it’s ok to fit as long as it’s not in the bath and shower area.
- Paint – Uncovered walls are coated in Bathroom paint in a colour that compliments your design and style.
Bathrooms can be heated with a radiator, underfloor heating or ideally both.
Radiators feature in most bathrooms. They include
- Heated Towel Rail – the ladder-style radiator is the most popular choice in Rayleigh Bathrooms, with the capacity to hold multiple towels.
- Designer – Modern shapes and finishes to complement the design of your Bathroom in a verticle or horizontal shapes.
- Cast Iron – Traditional style radiators for classic-looking bathrooms.
- Standard – The standard white radiator that’s simple and works.
Warm floors are a desirable feature in Bathrooms. Before we lay your flooring, we can install Underfloor Heating which warms the Bathroom from the floor up throughout and is economical to run.
Underfloor Heating has multiple solutions to work with any type of Bathroom and falls into two categories.
- Wet – Powered by heated water pipes that draw water from your Boiler.
- Electric – Powered by your mains electricity supply.
A good bathroom has storage areas that can be built-in units combined with your toilet, basin and vanity or free standing.
Storage areas such as drawers, shelving and cupboards are built into every Bathroom.
Bathroom lighting is fitted with the proper colour and strength LED bulbs to correctly set the mood and tone and work with your design.
- Standard Lights: Standard bathroom lights are built to keep moisture and water at bay.
- Spotlights – lights recessed into the ceiling out of harm’s way.
- Semi Recessed – A compromise between the spotlight and standard lighting.
- Wall Lights – Bathroom wall lights are fitted above and around mirrors, so you have enough light to undertake your daily washing and grooming.
Fixtures & Fittings
Taps are selected to match your Bathroom style. Other fixtures include toilet roll holders, towel holders, toothbrush holders etc., everything you need to make your Bathroom functional and easy to use.
Contact Us Today
We have gone through all the elements of a good Bathroom Design. Please get in touch and book your free no-obligation Bathroom Design survey and quote.
Hi, I’m Terry the founder and owner of TM Hughes & Son Gas Services
Please get in touch using the Phone Numbers or Contact Form below