Gas Fire Service Epping
Please note we only service Gas Fires, we don’t install them
Call – 01992 830165
Gas Fire Servicing In Epping & Surrounding Areas
TM Hughes & Son Gas Services Ltd will ensure your Gas Fire is safe and efficient by undertaking a thorough service to a high standard.
Our engineers will service any make and type of gas fire using a strict procedure that includes cleaning, testing and safety checks.
Following a service, your gas fire will run better, burning less fuel, and you can rest assured it’s safe and doesn’t pose a carbon monoxide poisoning risk.
Annual Gas Fire Servicing
To ensure the best possible efficiency and safety, it’s recommended you have your gas fire serviced every 12 months.
You may find your fire has become difficult to light, have noticed soot signs or a smokey room, then you should have your fire checked and serviced ASAP.
Adverse symptoms such as tiredness, drowsiness, dizzy spells, nausea or headaches experienced by you or a member of your family are signs of carbon monoxide, which is possible with gas fires. Don’t chance it get your fire checked.
Also, please ensure you have a carbon monoxide alarm.
What A Gas Fire Service Involves
- The cleaning of all internal parts ensures correct function and good energy efficiency
- The testing of safety devices to ensure they work in the event of a fault
- The testing of flues and chimneys to ensure all waste gasses are removed
Benefits Of Servicing
A clean fire is an efficient fire following servicing. As a result, your fire will run smoother and cost less to run.
Peace of mind that your fires safe
Validation of home emergency insurance and warranty (if you still have one for your fire)
We Service All Types Of Fire
We service all types of fire which include
- Standard Open Fronted Gas Fires
- High-Efficiency Gas Fires
- Outset Gas Fires
- Brick Chimney/Class One Flue
- Pre-Fabricated Flue
- Pre-Cast Flue
The Service Process
- A gas safe registered engineer will arrive at the time you booked with the required gas safe ID.
- Sheets are put down in front of the fire to ensure your carpets remain clean.
- Your gas supply is temporarily shut off.
- The fire’s dismantled to reach the internal parts
- All parts are cleaned and checked for debris and blockages
- The fires put back together
- The gas supply is resumed
- The fire’s switched on
- The gas burn rate and pressure is checked and tested
- The flue or chimney is checked and tested
- The fires tested for leaking gas
- A service records written for you to keep
- The engineer takes payment, tidies up and leaves
Hi, I’m Terry the founder and owner of TM Hughes & Son Gas Services
Please get in touch using the Phone Numbers or Contact Form below