TM Hughes & Son Gas Services Ltd are Underfloor Heating specialists. We offer installation, servicing and repair on both gas and electric Underfloor Heating systems.
Our engineers are
- Gas Safe Registered
- Fully Insured
- Have Many Years Of Experience
Considering Underfloor Heating In Your Home?
If any of your friends or family have had Underfloor Heating installed, they will have likely told you how nice it feels underfoot and how it’s so much better than the old radiators.
They’re not wrong. Not only does Underfloor Heating make a home feel warmer and cosier, it consumes less energy than traditional heating systems, saving you money on your energy bills.
As a bonus, eliminating the old radiators free’s up wall space, making each room appear larger and look better.
Underfloor Heating pipes are concealed under the floor. As a result, they cannot be seen and are unlikely to be damaged. Systems are also maintenance-free, requiring little attention over the space of many years.
If you ever sell your home or rent it, then an Underfloor Heating system is attractive to potential buyers and tenants.
Wet System Underfloor Heating
- Wet System Underfloor Heating uses hot water drawn from the Boiler to heat a network of pipes that run under the floor in a snake-like fashion across the whole area.
- Wet pipes are fitted with insulation such as Celotex, screed or specially made aluminium plates. The type of insulation used will depend on your floor.
- Pipes are laid on top of solid floors and in between joists on suspended floors. Underfloor Heating systems offer many solutions to work with all flooring types.
- Once fitted, tiles, carpet, laminate flooring etc is fitted over the top.
- The pipes heat the insulation, which retains and omit heat for many hours, even after the heatings have been switched off.
- Unlike traditional radiators, the rooms heated over the entire surface area, unlike conventional radiators, which only heat the room from one location on a wall.
- Underfloor Heating pipes are attached to a manifold, a pump, motorised valves, which take up little room and are hidden away in a discreet cupboard.
- Thermostatic controls are fitted, some of which allow the temperature to be set on a room by room basis.
Electric System Underfloor Heating
- Electric Systems use electric cables which run under the floor and are heated by electricity.
- Like wet systems, the cables are fitted with insulation which heats up and emits heat for many hours.
- Electric Underfloor Heating is offered in various types to cope with all flooring situations. A system can be set into a screed or laid on top of an existing floor.
Wet Vs Electric Underfloor Heating
- A Wet Underfloor Heating system can only be fitted in homes with a central heating system.
- Electric Underfloor Heating can be fitted in any home
- Wet systems are more complex and time-consuming to fit
- Wet systems are more expensive to install than electric systems
- Wet systems are cheaper to run than electric systems
- Both will work with any floor type
Underfloor Heating Installation
If you’re interested in having an Underfloor Heating system installed in your home, the first step is to get in touch and book a free survey.
One of our experienced Gas Safe Registered engineers will survey your home and current central heating system.
Our engineer will offer the best solutions for your situation and write you a free no-obligation quote.
All underfloor heating systems are installed by experienced and insured Gas Safe Registered engineers who you’ll find friendly, professional and tidy.
Underfloor Heating Servicing
We offer servicing for existing Underfloor Heating systems. While most systems run trouble-free for many years, it helps to have everything checked from time to time.
One of our engineers will check your manifold, washers, seals, pump, fittings and thermostat.
Adjustments are made, seals are tightened, and washers are replaced, ensuring everything is in good working order.
We can also Powerflush your Underfloor Heating pipes, cleansing them of any limescale and debris, bringing the heating back to life and improving energy efficiency.
Underfloor Heating Repairs
Older Underfloor Heating systems can develop issues such as cold spots or faulty valves and pumps.
If a valve or pump fails, then your Underfloor Heating system won’t function.
Repairs are usually swift and straightforward as all the working components are above ground and easy to replace.
Cold spots can be remedied by removing any excess air trapped in the system.
If you are unlucky enough to suffer a burst pipe under the floor, we can quickly locate the leak with our thermal imaging equipment. Once we know where the leak is, we can get to the pipe and repair it.
If you would like to discuss your underfloor heating requirements, please contact us with the phone number or contact form below.
Hi, I’m Terry the founder and owner of TM Hughes & Son Gas Services
Please get in touch using the Phone Numbers or Contact Form below