Call – 01992 830165
Powerflushing In Epping and the surrounding areas
The experienced gas safe registered engineers at TM Hughes & Son Gas Services Ltd undertake Powerflushing in and around Epping.
Powerflushing yields many benefits, including improved Boiler radiator function and heat output which means better energy efficiency and lower fuel bills.
Radiators and pipes accumulate ‘sludge’, a substance consisting of limescale, oil, rust and other debris created by central heating systems.
Sludge is like mud. It builds up in pipes and radiators, preventing them from heating properly and making your Boiler work harder, increasing the likely hood of a breakdown, lowering the boilers life expectancy and increasing your energy bills.
The sludge problem is easily remedied by giving your system a Powerflush. A process that involves pumping water and chemicals through your central heating system until the sludge is cleared.
A Powerflush Will
- Remove all sludge and debris from your central heating system
- Improve energy efficiency
- Provide improved radiator heat output
- Protect your Boiler
- Lower your energy bills
For those who want to keep their system cleansed and running trouble-free, a Powerflush every five years comes highly recommended.
Couple Powerflushing with an annual Boiler Service, and you will have a safe, efficient, trouble-free central heating system.
Neglected central heating systems are far more likely to suffer issues than those that are looked after.
Central heating systems will always produce limescale and debris, which can become lodge in parts such as Boiler components and cause them to fail.
Let’s prevent these issues with Powerflushing.
Signs You Need A Powerflush
If you have noticed any of the following issues, then it’s probably time for a Powerlfush. If you’re unsure about anything related to your central heating system or Boiler, call us on 01992 830165, and one of our engineers will advise over the phone.
Radiators Cold At Bottom Or Middle
While radiators that are cold at the top are a sign of trapped air, radiators that are cold at the bottom or bottom and middle are a sign of a sludge build-up.
Sludge builds up from the bottom of a radiator as it gets higher over time; less of the radiator heats up.
Radiators Don’t Heat Up
Radiators that don’t heat up at all (even after bleeding) could be faulty valves or a severe sludge build-up.
Black Or Brown Water
Central heating system water should be transparent or grey. If your water’s brown or, worse black, then your system is dirty and should be Powerflushed.
Sludge filled central heating systems can cause radiators to corrode from the inside out. If your radiators spring a pinhole leak, you’ll need a radiator replacement and likely a Powerlfush.
Boiler Keeps Switching Off
If your Boiler keeps switching off, an engineer will check for the usual causes such as a faulty thermocouple, incorrect pressure, pump etc. If everything with the Boiler’s ok, then it’s a possibility the continuous switch off is being caused by sludge and debris built up in the system.
Radiators Take A Long Time To Heat Up
Radiators should heat up quickly as soon as your Boiler and heating are switched on. If your radiators take too long to heat up, sludge could be the culprit.
Kamco Equipped Powerflushing Engineers
Powerflushing is a job for an experienced Gas Safe Registered engineer who’s certified to work on central heating systems. DIT Powerflushing is not recommended.
Our engineers have undertaken many Powerflushes in Epping over the years and will cleanse your system properly without causing any damage.
Our engineers are equipped with Kamco Powerflushing machines and chemicals, the industry standard and the best.
The Powerflushing Procedure
- The first step is to book one of our engineers at a convenient time. Our engineer will arrive at the agreed time and date.
- Our engineer will connect the Powerflushing machine to your central heating system at the pump or boiler, depending on what type of system you have.
- A precise mix of water and chemicals is pumped through your system at a rate of 170 litres per minute. To dislodge and remove all sludge and debris without causing leaks or damage to your central heating system and Boiler.
- All sludge and debris are dislodged and broken down into smaller particles which are then filtered out by the machine and removed.
- The pumping of water is carried out over a few hours until the sludge has been completely cleared. The time it takes to clear a system depends on the severity of the sludge build-up. Finally, the excess dirty water is taken away by our engineers and disposed of.
- Once your system is cleared, it’s refilled with clean water and an inhibitor to help prevent the future build-up of sludge and debris in your central heating system.
- You’ll be impressed by the improved heat output as soon as your radiator’s switched on. You can also relax in the knowledge your system’s clear and won’t be causing you any problems soon with enhanced Boiler protection and improved fuel bills.
- Powerlfushing can also benefit Boiler warranties and home emergency cover claims.
Hi, I’m Terry the founder and owner of TM Hughes & Son Gas Services
If you would like to book a Powerflush, get a quote or ask any questions, please get in touch using the phone numbers or contact form below.
Call – 01992 830165
Get A Price Now
Call Us – 01992 830165
Email Us or Request A Call-Back
For Boiler Installations & Repair