Boiler Service & Repair Epping
Call – 01992 830165
We Service & Repair All Types & Makes Of Boilers Including
0% Boiler Finance Available Click Here For More Information
TM Hughes & Son Gas Services Ltd Service and Repair Boilers in and around the Epping area.
- Boiler Servicing
- Boiler Repairs
- Gas Safe Registered Engineers
- All makes and types of Boilers worked on
- Worcester Bosch accredited
- No call out charges
Boiler servicing ensures your Boiler is clean and runs at maximal efficiency. A serviced Boiler is less likely to fail.
If you do suffer a failure or are having problems with your Boiler we offer swift repairs, which include no call out charges.
We service and repair most makes of Boiler which include
- Saunier Duval
- Worcester Bosch
Boilers should be serviced annually for the following reasons
- To minimise the risk of Boiler trouble
- To undercover any underlying problems
- Check and protect from carbon monoxide poisoning
- To allow your Boiler to run at total efficiency
- Save money on fuel bills
- Validate Boiler home insurance and warranty
Our Boiler servicing is quick and inexpensive. Feel free to give us a call and book a service at a time convenient to you.
One of our Epping based gas engineers will undertake a stringent servicing procedure on your Boiler.
Following the service, your Boiler will be thoroughly cleaned and running as well as it possibly can.
Everything is checked from the gas burner to the flue to ensure your Boilers are safe and efficient, not posing a carbon monoxide risk to you and your family.
A Typical Boiler Service Procedure
- Before work starts, the Boilers are visually inspected for signs of leaking water. If any leaks are found, they are located and dealt with
- The Boiler casing is removed and inspected on the inside
- All pipework in and around the Boiler is checked for leaks
- All seals are checked for leaks, corrosion and tightness
- Any loose seals or pipe work’s tightened
- Waterflow pressure is checked and monitored. Dropping pressure is an indication of a leak or blockage
- The internal components of the Boiler are cleaned
- The gas burners checked and the pressures adjusted if necessary
- A gas meter’s placed in the Boiler to undertake a gas rate check
- A flue gas analyser used to test the rate of oxygen, carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide
- The ventilation around the boilers tested to ensure there’s enough air to burned gas ratio
- The flues checked for correct fitting and function
- All safety devices (which prevent Boiler damage in case of sudden stopping) are tested. Faulty safety devices can be replaced.
- The engineer will ensure no leaking gas is present
- The Boilers put back together and switched on
- The engineer will ensure all radiators are getting hot and are free from air
- The condensate pipe’s checked for correct function and adequate insulation to prevent frozen pipes in winter
- A service record’s written keep this to validate your home insurance and warranty
- Our engineer will tidy up, take payment and leave
Our Boiler Repair services include no call out charges, and for emergencies, we can have an engineer out to you within two hours.
If your left without heating and hot water in the depths of winter give us a call.
For less urgent issues (you have a Boiler problem, but it still runs), you can book one of our engineers to visit at a convenient time.
Please remember regular Boiler servicing is the best way to protect yourself from a Boiler breakdown.
Typical Boiler Issues That Require Repair
Continuous switching off of your Boiler is an indication of low pressure. Often the re-pressurisation of the Boiler is all that’s needed.
Our engineer will watch the pressure, and if it continues to drop, then a leak or blockage in the pipes is probably the reason.
Blockages restrict the required flow of water. If there’s no leaks or blockages, then the boiler pump may be faulty.
Leaking isn’t usually enough to stop a Boiler entirely so, are sometimes ignored. Left alone, long enough leaks can cause severe damage to your Boiler so it should be investigated.
Loose or worn seals or defunct pressure valves are usually the cause, tightening or replacement is in order.
Frozen Condensate Pipe
Cold snaps are the prime time for a Boiler breakdown and the most common cause? A frozen condensate pipe.
This pipe collects and disposes of condensate water created by modern condensing Boilers.
If the pipe freezes, the Boiler won’t function. One of our engineers will defrost your pipe before insulating it, so freezing never occurs again.
Pilot Light Keeps Going Out
Suppose your pilot light keeps blowing out then the thermocouple’s likely the fault. The thermocouple is a safety device that regulates the gas adjusting may fix the issue otherwise a replacement will correct the problem.
Boiling Kettle Noises
Whistling similar to that of a Boiling kettle shows that there’s a limescale blockage in the heat exchanger, a vital part of the Boiler.
This is an urgent problem that must be looked at ASAP. Otherwise, you’re risking severe and expensive damage.
Sometimes our engineers find no issues with the Boiler and central heating system and find an old thermostat’s preventing the Boiler from working correctly. In this instance, our engineer will wire in a new thermostat for you.
Cold radiators are usually caused by excess air in the system, which is removed by bleeding.
If bleeding doesn’t work, then you may have stuck thermostats, which can be unstuck or sludge build-up in your radiators.
Sludge prevents radiators from heating entirely and can be removed with a procedure known as ‘Powerflushing.’
Strange unusual noises coming from your Boiler should always be investigated as there’s often an underlying issue that will eventually cause Boiler damage and failure.
0% Finance is available for Boilers and Repairs. Click Here for more information.
If you would like to talk to a gas engineer or book a boiler service or repair, please contact us using the phone number or contact form below.
Hi, I’m Terry the founder and owner of TM Hughes & Son Gas Services
Please get in touch using the Phone Numbers or Contact Form below
Call – 01992 830165