Gas Fire Servicing Billericay & Surrounding Areas
Call – 01277 800075
*Please note we only service Gas Fires we don’t install them
Gas Fires are a safe and efficient way to heat your home, and they add another element of cosiness to the living room which you can’t beat in the depths of winter.
Gas fires are fuel-burning appliances which need servicing every 12 months. The internal components of fires need cleaning so your fire can run at the maximum efficiency, safety devices need checking, and flues need testing to ensure your fire’s not a carbon monoxide risk.
All the above is covered in a Gas Fire Service, TM Hughes & Son have conducted many in and around the Billericay area over the past 3o years. Our Gas Safe Registered engineers can service any type of fire.
A service ensures your fire’s energy-efficient and safe. The chance of breakdowns highly reduced after a service, minor issues are identified and rectified before they cause failure.
Annual servicing also validates warranties and insurance. You’ll find most warranties and breakdown insurance are null and void if the fire hasn’t been serviced in the past 12 months.
If you’re a landlord, an annual gas fire service is good practice and can be done at the same time as compulsory Gas Safety checks.
Gas Fires have the potential to produce carbon monoxide which can poison and kill. Carbon monoxide occurs when fuel appliances don’t burn at the correct rate or flues, and chimneys are not working properly.
A service will uncover any issues any sign of carbon monoxide will become apparent as soon as an engineer studies your fire.
Soot stains in specific places on the fire, difficult lighting and excess smoke are all a sign of a poorly performing fire and a potential carbon monoxide risk. Servicing may solve the issues, or a repair/replacement may be in order.
While annual servicing greatly reduces the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning, a carbon monoxide alarm should be installed close to the fire to warn you and your family in the event of a fault. Our engineer will check your alarm and position during the service.
Types Of Fire We Service
Our engineer’s service all types of gas fire which include Standard Open Fronted, High-Efficiency and Outset Gas Fires.
We can work with any flue or chimney type which includes Brick Chimney/Class One Flues and Pre-Fabricated/ Pre-Cast Flues
- A Gas Safe Registered engineer will arrive at your property and present a Gas Safe Registration card which will feature the name, company, photo and registration number.
- The area around the fire is covered, so nothing gets dirty.
- The gas supply’s shut off
- The fire assembly’s cleaned
- Working parts are cleaned (and removed if necessary) these include burner unit, pipes, catalysts, inline restrictor and pilot assembly
- Gas is reinstated, the fire’s switched on and checked for gas leaks
- The chimney or flues tested to ensure gas is expelled at the required level
- The pressures tested
- Once the engineer’s satisfied the fires working correctly, a service record’s written
If you would like to book a Gas Fire Service, please contact us using the phone numbers or contact form below