Leak Detection Billericay
Call – 01277 800075
Welcome to TM Hughes & Son. We provide a range of services in Billericay, which includes Leak Detection.
Leak Detection is done by experienced and insured engineers who can attend to your property the same day.
What Leak Detection Is
Leak detection pinpoints where water is escaping from pipes or plumbing when it shouldn’t. It’s about looking for clues and using special tools to find out where the water leaks so it can be fixed and stop causing problems.
How Leak Detection Is Undertaken
Leak detection uses various methods and tools to find where water is escaping from pipes or systems. Here’s how it’s typically done:
First, an essential check around the house or building is done. This includes looking at pipes, walls, and ceilings for signs of water stains, mould, or damage. These signs can indicate the presence of a hidden leak.
Special tools are used to listen to the sound of water leaking inside walls or under the ground. These tools can hear the hissing or dripping sounds of water even when it’s not visible.
This involves checking the water pressure in the pipes to see if it drops. A pressure drop can indicate a leak somewhere.
Thermal Imaging Cameras
These cameras can see the temperature of surfaces and help find cooler spots caused by water leaks, especially useful in walls and floors.
Some tools can detect changes in the electrical field around wet areas, helping to pinpoint the location of a leak.
Common Areas Of Hidden Leaks
Hidden leaks, which require detection due to their concealed nature, commonly occur in several areas around homes and buildings:
- Underground Pipes: Leaks in water supply pipes running beneath the ground or foundation of a building can go unnoticed until they cause significant issues.
- Inside Walls: Plumbing within walls can develop leaks from pipe deterioration or damage, often indicated by damp patches, peeling paint, or mould growth.
- Under Floors: Leaks under concrete slabs, wooden flooring, or tiles are not immediately visible but can cause damage to the flooring material over time.
- Ceilings and Roofs: Leaks from the roof or upper-floor plumbing can accumulate in the ceiling, leading to water stains, bulging, or even collapse.
- Behind Appliances and Cabinets: Areas behind dishwashers, washing machines, and sinks are common sites for hidden leaks due to hose and pipe connections.
- Bathrooms: Leaks can occur around toilets, under bathtubs, and in shower enclosures, hidden by fixtures and tiling.
- Basements: These areas are prone to leaks from external water sources or internal plumbing.
- Around Windows and Doors: Improperly sealed windows and doors allow water to seep unnoticed, especially during heavy rainfall.
- Lofts: Leaks in attics, often from roof damage, can be hard to detect until they cause visible damage to the floors below.
Detecting hidden leaks is essential to prevent long-term damage and costly repairs.
If you suspect a leak in your property, please contact us today and speak to one of our experienced engineers, who will provide you with a free obligation quote for our leak detection services.
Hi, I’m Terry the founder and owner of TM Hughes & Son Gas Services
Please get in touch using the Phone Numbers or Contact Form below