Gas Fire Service Southend
(Please note we Service Gas Fires but don’t install or repair them)
Call – 01702 910075
Annual Gas Fire servicing ensures efficiency and safety. TM Hughes & Son is a local team of Gas Safe Registered engineers with over 30 years of experience in servicing fires in Southend and the surrounding areas.
We can service any type or make of Gas Fire following a stringent procedure that’ll allow your fire to run efficiently and safely. Our prices are amongst the best in the area.
*Please note we only service Gas Fires. We don’t install them
Fires & Flue Types We Service
- Standard Open Fronted Gas Fires
- High-Efficiency Gas Fires
- Outset Gas Fires
- Brick Chimney/Class One Flue
- Pre-Fabricated Flue
- Pre-Cast Flue
- Give us a call or use our contact form to book a Gas Fire Service at a convenient time
- The engineer will arrive at the agreed time and present their Gas Safe Registration card before work commences
- The work areas covered with dust sheets
- The gas supply is turned off
- The fire assembly is cleaned
- Internal components are cleaned. This includes the burner unit, pipes, catalysts, inline restrictor and pilot assembly
- The parts are reconnected, the fires reassembled
- The gas supply is turned on
- The engineer checks the fire for gas leaks
- Burner pressures checked it’s essential for fires to burn fuel at the correct rate
- The chimney or flues tested to make sure exhaust gasses are expelled
- Safety devices are tested
- A service records written
Enjoy The Benefits
Once your fires serviced, they’ll run at best possible efficiency (how efficient will depend on your fire, age and condition) possible for your fire. You’ll enjoy comforting heat and a saving in your energy spend.
It’s doubtful your fire will break down following service, all parts are thoroughly cleaned, and any issues that could cause your fire to fail will be uncovered during the service.
The service will validate your warranty and home emergency covers. Both are usually only valid if the fires serviced every twelve months. In the event of a defunct part or breakdown, you’ll be able to claim without the fear of rejection.
Service gives you peace of mind your fires safe and not a carbon monoxide risk. Testing the pressure, burn rate, and exhaust (flue/chimney) ensure carbon monoxide isn’t a threat. Carbon monoxide alarms should be present in the same room as your gas fire.
If you’re a landlord, it’s good practice to have gas fires serviced every twelve months. Although this isn’t compulsory by law, it does ensure your tenants are safe. We can undertake a service at the same time as Gas Safety Checks or an annual Boiler Service.
If you would like to book a Gas Fire Service, please contact us using the phone numbers or contact form below.
Hi, I’m Terry the founder and owner of TM Hughes & Son Gas Services
Please get in touch using the Phone Numbers or Contact Form below