Call – 01245 830075
Our Gas Safe Registered Engineers offer full fire servicing around Chelmsford and the rest of Essex.
We have been servicing fires in the area for many years. Our engineers have lots of experience in all types and make of Fire.
After service, your Fire will run safely at the maximum possible efficiency.
Fires are thoroughly cleaned. All working parts are tested along with the ventilation, flues and chimneys.
An annual gas fire service will
- Reduce the risk of a breakdown (which can be unpleasant in winter)
- Ensure your Fire is running at the best possible efficiency which will save on your energy bills.
- Reduce the risk of Carbon Monoxide
- Validate warranties
If you are a Landlord, you are required by law to have Safety Checks for all Gas appliances in your property checked every 12 months
We service all types of gas fires which include
- Standard Open Fronted Gas Fires
- High-Efficiency Gas Fires
- Outset Gas Fires
And all flue types including
- Brick Chimney/Class One Flue
- Pre-Fabricated Flue
- Pre-Cast Flue
When it comes to warming your home little beats the warmth of a Gas Fire which are regularly found in the homes of Chelmsford.
All fuel-burning appliances such as gas fires must be serviced each year (as should boilers) and should be accompanied by a carbon monoxide detector.
All gas appliances have the potential to generate carbon monoxide, which occurs when fuels not burned at the correct rate or flues and chimneys are not functioning correctly.
The internal parts of gas fires work very hard and need cleaning (which happens during the service) left alone your Fire’s efficiency will decline slowly but surely becoming more expensive to run.
An annual gas fire service ensures you’re fire runs at the most efficient rate and doesn’t pose a carbon monoxide risk.
Signs Your Gas Fire Needs Servicing
- The Fire hasn’t been serviced within the last 12 months
- Soot stains on appliances
- Fire is difficult to light
- Room is smokey
- You’re experiencing tiredness, drowsiness, dizzy spells, nausea and headaches (all are a sign of carbon monoxide poisoning)
Gas Fire Service Procedure
- Turn off the gas supply
- Clean fire assembly
- Remove components
- Clean burner unit, pipes, catalysts, inline restrictor and pilot assembly
- Turn on gas supply
- Test fire for gas leaks
- Test chimney/flue ventilation
- Test pressure
- Check Fire is working properly
- Write service record
Validate Your Gas Fire Warranty
Many Gas fires come with long warranties. However, many manufacturers state that the gas fire must undergo an annual service for the warranty to be valid. The same goes for home emergency cover. Many won’t cover a broken down fire unless it’s been serviced in the last 12 months.
*Please note we only service Gas Fires we don’t install them
If you would like to book a Gas Fire Service, please contact us using the phone numbers or contact form below