Gas Fire Service Romford
Call – 01708 545076
Do you have a Gas Fire? You have come to the right place. We are TM Hughes & Son, and we Service Gas Fires in Romford.
Gas Safe Registered engineers undertake all servicing with full insurance and years of experience.
We service all types of fire and flue types which include
- Open Fronted Fires
- High-Efficiency Fires
- Outset Fires
- Brick Chimneys
- Class One Flues
- Prefabricated Flues
- Pre Cast Flues
*Please note we only service Gas Fires. We don’t install them
Gas Fires omit pleasant heat and make living rooms extremely comfortable, especially during the winter. That’s why the feature in many Romford living rooms, they are safe and energy efficent also.
Like all gas appliances, Gas Fires should be serviced annually to ensure they are clean, burn gas efficiently and are safe to use.
Serving involves cleaning the fire, checking the burner, and testing flues and safety devices. The service also verifies your gas fire isn’t a carbon monoxide risk.
Carbon monoxide is produced by gas appliances when feul isn’t burned correctly, or flues and chimneys are not expelling exhaust gasses correctly.
Our engineer will instantly notice signs of carbon monoxide when servicing your gas fire.
Difficult to light fires, soot stains, and smoke indicate carbon monoxide.
The correct setting and testing of the gas burner and a flue gas analysis will ensure your fire isn’t a carbon monoxide risk.
A carbon monoxide alarm should accompany gas fires. Our engineer will make recommendations if an alarm isn’t present in the same room as your fire.
The service involves thoroughly cleaning and testing the gas fire assembly and safety devices. Following the service, you can rest assured your fires are running efficiently and are safe.
If your fire is still in warranty and you have breakdown insurance, you must get your fire serviced annually to ensure validation. Otherwise, you’re not covered in the event of a fault.
A service record is written to prove the fire’s been serviced by a competent Gas Safe Registered engineer if you ever need to claim on the warranty or your home insurance.
Servicing takes around an hour. It’s a quick, tidy and clean process. Here’s what a typical gas fire service looks like
- One of our engineers will arrive at your home at the agreed time and date
- Dust sheets are laid in front of the fire and work area
- The fire front is dismantled so the engineer can reach the fire assembly
- The fire assembly is cleaned thoroughly and includes all the essential working parts such as the burner, catalysts, pipes, inline restrictor and pilot assembly.
- The fire is reassembled
- The fire’s gas connection is checked
- The fire is switched on, and the burn rate and gas pressure are tested and adjusted if required.
- The flue is tested to ensure all harmful exhaust gasses are taken away adequately.
- The engineer tests for leaking gas
- The engineer cleans up and writes the service record before taking payment and leaving.
Hi, I’m Terry the founder and owner of TM Hughes & Son Gas Services
Please get in touch using the Phone Numbers or Contact Form below
Call – 01708 545076
For Boiler Installations & Repair