Gas Fire Service Rayleigh
Call – 01268 351075
Ensure your Gas fire is running safely and efficiently with annual servicing.
TM Hughes & Son service Gas Fires in and around Rayleigh with a team of Gas Safe Registered Engineers who can service any type and make of gas fire.
The procedure for servicing includes a thorough cleaning of all fire components, safety checks, and testing.
After servicing, you’re fires clean and will run smoothly, burning the correct amount of gas. You will rest assured your fire’s safe and not a carbon monoxide risk.
Gas fires should be serviced every year. The winter is a good time just before the fire goes on as your fire will run better and safely throughout the colder months.
Don’t use your fire if it’s become difficult to light, is smokey or leaving soot signs. A gas engineer must check it to verify safety as it may be a carbon monoxide risk.
The Gas Fire Service Includes
- Complete cleaning of the fire and all working parts to ensure the best possible energy efficiency (possible for the make and condition of your fire)
- Testing of burn rate to ensure the correct amount of gas is consumed
- Testing of all safety devices to ensure correct function and user safety
- Testing of flues and chimneys to ensure correct expulsion of exhaust gasses
Gas Fire Service Benefits
- Smooth running
- Improved energy efficiency
- Fuel bill savings
- Assured safety
- Validation of home emergency cover and fire warranty*
(* Home emergency policies and fire warranties usually stipulate the fire must be serviced every 12 months by a gas safe registered engineer)
All Types OF Fire Serviced
We service all types of Gas Fire which includes
- Standard Open Fronted Gas Fires
- High-Efficiency Gas Fires
- Outset Gas Fires
- Brick Chimney/Class One Flue
- Pre-Fabricated Flue
- Pre-Cast Flue
The Service Procedure
Here’s what a typical gas fire service looks like
- Call or email us to book a gas fire service at a convenient time and date
- A gas safe registered engineer will turn up at the agreed time and present their gas safe id
- Dust sheets are laid on the floor around the fire area to ensure your carpet/flooring remains clean
- The gas supply is switched off
- The engineer dismantles the fire to reach the internal parts
- All internal parts are thoroughly cleaned
- The fire’s reassembled
- The gas supply is switched back on
- The gas pressure and burn rate is tested and adjusted if necessary
- The flue or chimney is tested to ensure exhaust gasses are expelled at the correct rate
- The fire’s tested to ensure there’s no leaking gas
- Your carbon monoxide alarms tested*
- The engineer writes and presents a service record
- The engineer tidies the work area, takes your payment and leaves
(* you should have a carbon monoxide alarm in the same room as your fire if one isn’t present, our engineer will recommend an alarm)
Please note we only service gas Fires. We don’t undertake repairs.
Hi, I’m Terry the founder and owner of TM Hughes & Son Gas Services
Please get in touch using the Phone Numbers or Contact Form below
Call – 01268 351075
Get A Price Now
Call Us – 01268 351075
Email Us or Request A Call-Back
For Boiler Installations & Repair