Gas Fire Servicing Hockley
Call – 01702 910075
Welcome to TM Hughes & Son Gas Services Ltd. We service Gas Fires in Hockley.
Servicing involves cleaning the fire assembly and testing safety devices and the flue/chimney.
(Please note we only service Gas Fires. We don’t undertake repairs)
We service all fires using a stringent procedure that ensures servicing is done properly to a high standard.
Fires Serviced include
- Standard Open Fronted Gas Fires
- High-Efficiency Gas Fires
- Outset Gas Fires
- Brick Chimney/Class One Flue
- Pre-Fabricated Flue
- Pre-Cast Flue
After servicing, your fire will run better, improving energy efficiency and saving some money on your gas bill.
A service also verifies your gas fire is safe and isn’t a carbon monoxide risk to you or your family.
Servicing validates fire warranties that usually stipulate the fire must be serviced once a year by a certified engineer—otherwise, the warranty’s invalid.
The same goes for home emergency cover, some policies cover gas fires, but again annual servicing is essential to retain validation.
When To Service Your Gas Fire
To ensure safety and energy efficiency, you should have your Gas Fire serviced annually. The best time is in autumn before the fire goes on for the winter.
If you haven’t had your fire serviced in a while, it may be difficult to light, showing soot stains or is smokey when it’s on. These symptoms are all signs that your fire needs service.
The Gas Fire Service Procedure
Gas Fire servicing is reasonably priced, quick, clean and disruption-free. Here is what a typical service looks like.
- First of all, you need to get in touch and book a slot with one of our engineers.
- The engineer will arrive at your book time and date.
- The engineer will show his Gas Safe ID (Gas Safe Registered engineers must always undertake fire servicing).
- Dust sheets are laid around the fire/work area.
- The gas supply is switched off.
- Your gas fire is dismantled so the engineer can access the internal components.
- The internal working components are cleaned and visually inspected for signs of wear and tear or damage.
- The fire’s reassembled, and the gas supply is reinstated.
- The fires switched on.
- The engineer checks the gas pressure and burn rate to ensure the correct amount of gas consumption.
- The safety devices are tested.
- The chimney or flue is tested and measured to ensure waste gasses are removed properly.
- The fire’s checked to ensure there’s no leaking gas.
- The engineer will check if there’s a carbon monoxide alarm present (if not, he’ll make recommendations as you should always have one with a gas fire).
- The engineer writes you a service record.
- The engineer tidies up and leaves.
Hi, I’m Terry the founder and owner of TM Hughes & Son Gas Services
Please get in touch using the Phone Numbers or Contact Form below