Gas Cooker Fitting & Disconnection Southend
(and surrounding areas)
Call – 01702 910075
Purchased a new gas cooker?
Need your old one disconnected and the new one installed?
We can help. TM Hughes & Son have been installing gas cookers in the Southend area for over 30 years. One of our experienced Gas Safe Registered engineers will fit your new gas cooker to the required safety standards.
Gas appliance installations are quick and disruption-free. We follow a stringent procedure that ensures a swift and correct fitting of gas cookers and includes safety checks. All you have to do is phone up and book.
- One of our on-duty engineers will arrive at your home/property at the agreed pre-booked time and present their Gas Safe Registration.
- The cooker areas inspected for suitability and safety (see below)
- Once the engineers satisfied the cooker areas safe, the gas supply is turned off
- Your old cooker’s disconnected from the gas pipe and removed
- The existing gas connections checked to make sure it’s suitable (and safe) for the new cooker
- Your new cookers unpacked, put in place and connected to the gas pipe
- The gas supply turned back on
- The connections tested to ensure there’s no gas leaking
- Your new cookers switched on and tested
- A gas installation certificates are written
Gas Installation Certificate
The gas installation certificate issued shows your appliance has been fitted to the correct standard by a Gas Safe Registered engineer. Keep this document to validate your cooker warranty and appliance breakdown cover. Both will stipulate that a qualified engineer must have fitted the appliance for the warranty/insurance to be valid.
What Types Of Gas Cooker Do TM Hughes & Son Install?
We install all types and makes of a gas cooker (and most other gas appliances)
- Gas Cookers
- LPG Gas Cookers
- Gas Range Cookers
- Built-In Gas Ovens
- Dual Fuel Cookers
- Gas Hobs
- Built-In Gas Hobs
Not on the list? we can probably fit it (contact us to discuss further)
Thinking Of Going Electric?
Some gas cooker owners want their old gas ovens disconnected to upgrade to an electric hob/oven. Before making this decision, please be aware of the following benefits gas cookers provide.
- Accurate heat control
- Even heat distribution
- Gas is a cleaner fuel than electricity
- Gas is 3-4 times cheaper than electricity
- Food cooked with gas tastes better (professional chefs mainly use gas)
Certain requirements must be met before installing a new cooker.
- The ‘hot zone’ is clear of combustible materials.
- The cookers within 1.5 meters of the gas pipe
- The gas connection’s suitable for the new cooker.
The ‘hot zone’ is 750mm above the hob and 50mm on each side of the hob. This area must be free from
- Kitchen Units
- Wood Cladding
- Any Other Flammable Wall Covering
- Switches & Sockets
- Smoke/Carbon Monoxide Alarms
- Boilers/Water Heaters
In the event the gas pipe’s too far away, or the existing connection’s unsuitable adjustments can be made. Please speak to one of our engineers before booking.
We cover Southend On Sea, Leigh On Sea, Westcliff On Sea and most of Essex.
Please use the phone number or contact form below to book a gas cooker installation/disconnection.